Software Engineer - OSS
Overview and Responsibilities:
The candidate must exhibit a service-oriented attitude and be able to work effectively with a world-wide, multi-site development environment. The candidate should have a strong desire for continuous improvement and have a passion for automation and making tasks repeatable. Also, should have excellent debugging and problem-solving skills are key attributes, including the ability to investigate, isolate and remedy software defects.
Requires excellent communication and collaboration skills, both verbal and written.
The ability to work constructively and productively on a team, as well as alone, is essential. This position requires the ability to complete assignments on schedule and present results. Also, the candidate should be resourceful, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative when appropriate.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Technical degree (minimum BS) in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ year’s relevant experience working in an enterprise environment.
- Extensive, relevant experience with Linux operating systems.
- Strong proficiency in programming/scripting languages (e.g. C++, bash, Python, Perl).
The candidate should possess solid software engineering skills, including experience with:
- 3rd party software often requiring modifications/patches to execute in our supported release environments.
- Ability to patch, configure and build 3rd party software for integration into our
suite of products.
- Ability to understand and modify/patch code written in C++.
- If a modification/patch results in a potential loss of functionality, drive the issue
with development community
- Liaison with OSS/3rd party software builders when required
- General SDLC process experience
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Experience with BlackDuck or similar tools is a plus
- GIT, GITLab, CVS with build automation experience is a plus
- Experience in Infrastructure/GRID management will be a plus
- Maintaining high-availability production systems and large integrated
systems is highly desired
- Retrofitting solutions into already-established work flows and development methodologies.
Job ID: 194841
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.