Application Support Engineers are responsible for managing a set of customer accounts to ensure their technical success with our software for fluid dynamics and multi-physics simulation, Simcenter STAR-CCM+. Working closely with customers to understand their engineering workflow, the Application Support Engineer proposes solutions and best practices to help the client meet their objectives. The role includes training, mentoring and providing direct customer support. The position works closely with the sales organization to define and execute pro-active initiatives to help clients maximize the returns on their investments in simulation and expand usage of STAR-CCM+ and other Simcenter tools. At the Advanced level, the engineer will additionally provide technical guidance to other engineers in their identified area of expertise, provide cross-discipline support for other Simcenter tools, and/or provide technical coordination and leadership for a large enterprise account.
Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with clients are critical to success in this fast-paced and broad engineering role. If you are creative, entrepreneurial in nature, and demonstrate good communication skills, we would like to hear from you.
· Act as primary point of contact to assigned set of accounts for all technical issues related to their use of STAR-CCM+. Identify problems and take responsibility for successful resolution of issues, working on multiple projects/problems simultaneously.
· Participate and facilitate the sales process serving as a technical advisor to the sales team and to the customer.
· Conduct technical discussions with prospective customers to collect and understand requirements, propose solutions, and explain benefits of our approach.
· Conduct training on introductory and advanced topics in STAR-CCM+.
· Perform benchmark simulations and test cases to explore new methods, define best practices and verify results.
· Create Knowledge Base articles for the customer portal.
· Collaborate with product management and industry teams to provide input on future product direction and communicate new capabilities to customers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· M.S. or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, Chemical or related field with focus on computational methods and fluid dynamics.
· Successful application of CFD methods to meet real world goals in research or design.
· Flexible and willing to learn new skills.
· Collaborative mindset to take personal ownership of team objectives and proactively complete work independently to meet those objectives.
· Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
· Ability to travel up to 20%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· 1-3 years professional experience with scientific computing projects in a role as a design, consultant, or technical support role.
· Familiarity with a common object-oriented programming concepts and languages (Java, C++, Python, etc.).
· Experience using 3D CAD software, mesh generation software, and/or CAE software from disciplines other than fluid mechanics.
· Knowledge of common analysis methods as well as engineering design objectives and constraints in one of the following industries: Aerospace, Automotive, Energy, Electronics, Turbomachinery, etc.
Job ID: 194852
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.