Advanced UI Development Engineer-SISW-PLM
Looking for an experienced software engineer to join the user interface team developing our Qt-based modeling and data visualization desktop application. Our priority is providing robust software that is easy to learn and easy to use and is the gateway to our powerful design-space exploration capabilities. Down the road there is potential for migrating to a web-based collaborative application platform.
The position involves working on all aspects of software development related to interface design, data analytics, and results visualization. If you find user interface work satisfying and have an attention to detail you may be a good fit for this position.
- Design, implementation and maintenance of data visualization tools
- Design, implementation and maintenance of interface elements
- Write and review software requirements documents
- Create QA tests and documentation instructions for the implemented functionality
- Research and fix assigned bugs
- Collaborate with the team in planning and executing sprints
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science and/or an Engineering field
- 5+ years of experience in OOP using C++
- 3+ recent years of experience with desktop user interface development.
- Good teamwork and cooperation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Development experience within a production environment (commercial software) is a plus
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with Qt Widgets
- Commercial software development
Job ID: 194864
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.