Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc., a Siemens Healthineers Company, is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® System is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to percutaneous coronary and vascular procedures. With the CorPath System, Corindus Vascular Robotics brings robotic precision to interventional procedures to help optimize clinical outcomes and minimize the costs associated with complications of improper stent placement with manual procedures.
The Senior Electrical Engineering position will be a part of the development team for the next generation robotics systems. You will develop high quality electronic and control designs for robotic systems that will change the future of healthcare. You should be a systems-level thinker and have demonstrated experience in mixed signal electronic design for medical devices, robotics, or instrumentation. Ideal candidates will include those who have designed and implemented electronics, real-time control, communication interfaces, and imaging for a medical robotics platform or other complex technology platforms. This is a collaborative opportunity where the individual will work with other engineering disciplines.
- Responsible for electrical engineering activities in all phases from specification and design to implementation and monitoring and execution of verification/validation in compliance with QMS.
- Responsible for managing technical activities for assigned projects and design integration with electro-mechanical and software systems.
- Ensures application of EE fundamentals. Applies strong analytical and problem-solving methodologies including modeling and simulations.
- Implements best practices in design methodologies, development processes and tools.
- Project Management responsibilities may include vendor and supplier management, directing design and test technician resources, developing and maintaining project schedules and budgets.
- BS degree Electrical Engineering required, MS preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in R&D or product development required
- Demonstrated experience with electronic design for motor control preferred
- Demonstrated experience with mixed-signal electronic design for precise sensing preferred
- Highly proficient in the use of electrical CAD tools required, Altium preferred
- Working knowledge of EMC and electrical safety
- Exceptional analytical skills with proficiency in analytical tools such as MATLAB/Simulink and Spice required
- Working knowledge of reading and creating hardware-level C code and developing hardware interface drivers and libraries
- Medical device industry experience preferred
- Excellent communication, teamwork, interpersonal skills with the ability to self-direct required
- Experience interfacing with and managing external resources
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience developing devices in a regulatory environment, applying standards such as ISO and IEC
- Ability to travel up to 10% required
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about Siemens Healthineers before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 194874
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.