Position Title: Senior Intellectual Property Engineer
Corindus, a Siemens Healthineers company, is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® system is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to percutaneous neurovascular, coronary and peripheral interventions. Corindus is advancing the field of interventional medicine with robotics through improvements to procedural control, precision and workflow.
The IP Engineer is a key role in developing and protecting intellectual property next generation robotic platform that will change the future of healthcare. The candidate will integrate with project teams to understand aspects of technology from mechanical and electrical design to software and controls. You will work directly with the teams to consolidate detailed engineering information into core concepts to identify IP opportunities. You will work with our patent attorneys and agents to help manage the patent application process and use your project management skills to maintain project schedules and budgets.
The ideal candidate has strong science and engineering fundamentals, clear oral and written communication skills, and experience preparing, filing, and prosecuting patents. You enjoy and excel at engaging with engineers to fully understand technical details and educating engineers about patents and the patenting process.
- Responsible for supporting engineering projects to ensure appropriate IP activities are conducted at each phase of the product development lifecycle.
- Assist in the patent process from gathering technical information to create disclosures to drafting applications.
- Work with IP counsel to respond to office actions and file continuations on existing cases.
- Maintain Corindus patent portfolio summary and track docket details
- Review and manage patent watch results
- Support corporate IP with reporting requirements and enforcement actions
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or other related technical area required, MS preferred
- 5 years of industry experience required, medical device experience preferred
- 2 years of intellectual property prosecution experience required, USPTO registration preferred
- Experience drafting and prosecuting patents for complex technologies that involve hardware, electronics, controls, and software required
- Strong organizational and communication skills required
- Detail-oriented and resourceful with excellent follow-through skills required
- Experience with process and best practices development preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10% required
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about Siemens Healthineers before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 194876
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.