Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We think our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to university for ambitious students. Especially as you’ll gain qualifications and the reputation that comes with working for a prestigious engineering brand like Siemens.
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions.
Siemens in Manchester is the UK Siemens Headquarters, responsible for sales, marketing and customer services for the global industrial market. We are looking for people who want to make a difference and are excited about the prospect of learning new skills, taking on extra responsibilities and acting as if Siemens was your own business.
This apprenticeship programme lasts for 4 years, during which time you will gain the necessary skills to ensure you are a fully productive member of our Internal Sales Team & are able to implement innovative ideas to continually improve how we work.
Here is what you can make a difference in:
- Liaising with Project Engineering teams to create quotes for equipment.
- Using digital technologies to make process improvements for the area.
- Working with Sales Engineers & Customers to provide product information and quotes in a timely manner.
- Ensuring good financial performance of the business around key accounts and customers.
- Updating product information systems so people can get information quickly and easily.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Very personable and happy to communicate with a wide range of people internal to Siemens and external.
- Entrepreneurially minded with an interest in technology.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You are highly organised and comfortable communicating with people across all levels of the organisation by phone, e-mail and Skype.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible.
- Be excited by the prospect of working for the Siemens Digital Industries Division, with our product portfolio and in our customers’ industries.
Minimum educational requirements:
You will have achieved at least 5 GCSEs including maths and english language at grade 4 (C) or above. You will also have achieved or be on track to achieve A-levels at grade C or above.
The benefits of an apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
Throughout the apprenticeship there may be the requirement of occasional overtime as well as travel to other UK Siemens locations and potentially outside the UK. This is rarely short notice however and can usually be arranged around personal commitments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job ID: 194912
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time