Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We think our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to university for ambitious students. Especially as you’ll gain a degree and the reputation that comes with working for a prestigious engineering brand like Siemens.
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions.
The Siemens Digital Industries site in Congleton is an award-winning facility, responsible for designing, manufacturing and servicing inverters for the global industrial market. The factory is undertaking an ambitious digital transformation, to help increase competitiveness and productivity to deliver more innovative products and services to our customers. Our inverters support companies to maximise performance in a sustainable and efficient way that will reduce environmental impact.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference and who have a keen interest in IT, Digital Technology and the engineering sector.
This Degree apprenticeship programme lasts for approximately 5 years, during which time you will gain the necessary skills to work alongside our Research and Development and IT Teams to develop software solutions both for our products and also to support the manufacturing facility. During your time with us, you will work towards a BSc (Hons) in Digital & Technology Solutions with a Software Engineer pathway.
Here is what you can make a difference in:
- Helping to lead digitilisation topics in industrial product design and development, including real time low level embedded software, micro controllers, operating systems and processors.
- Application and mobile platform development.
- Become part of a team and work closely with our engineers to create ground-breaking solutions
- Join a community of highly skilled experts maintaining professional and technical knowledge to stay at the forefront of innovation.
- Digital electronics & programming and scripting using languages such as c, c++, java, .NET, html etc.
We are looking for bright, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Someone who is genuinely interested in software development and electronics who is wanting to pursue a professional career in engineering.
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible.
- Be excited by the prospect of working for the Siemens Digital Industries Division, with our product portfolio and in our customers’ industries.
Minimum educational requirements:
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve two A Levels at Grades A*-C or equivalent (at least one must be Maths, Physics or a Computer/IT related subject)
We also welcome applications from those with a BTEC Level 3 certificate with at least a DDM grading.
The benefits of a degree apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school and have your degree paid for all whilst earning a salary and an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
Throughout the apprenticeship, there will be the requirement of occasional shift work and overtime as well as travel to other UK Siemens locations and potentially outside the UK.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job ID: 194948
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time