Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We think our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to university for ambitious students. Especially as you’ll gain qualifications and the reputation that comes with working for a prestigious engineering brand like Siemens.
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions.
Siemens Digital Industries in Congleton is an award-winning facility, responsible for designing, manufacturing and servicing inverters for the global industrial market. The factory is undertaking an ambitious digital transformation, to help increase competitiveness and productivity to deliver more innovative products and services to our customers. Our inverters support companies to maximise performance in a sustainable and efficient way that will reduce environmental impact.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference and who have a keen interest in the engineering sector.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 4 year apprenticeship.
Here is what you can make a difference in:
The main purpose of maintenance is to ensure that all equipment required for production is functioning all the time. To do this, a distinct skill set is required for our technician team.
- Work safely and responsibly - you will get invoved with electrical and electronic work and as well perform mechanical tasks.
- Work as part of a team to find root cause faults within our equipment
- Develop methods to ensure faults do not reoccur in the future
- Support automation and digital applications in the factory environment
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Someone who is genuinely interested in software development and electronics who is wanting to pursue a professional career in engineering.
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible.
- Be excited by the prospect of working for the Siemens Digital Industries Division, with our product portfolio and in our customers’ industries.
Minimum educational requirements:
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve at least 5 GCSE's grade 4 or above including maths and english language.
The benefits of an apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £12,500 at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
Throughout the apprenticeship there will be the requirement of occasional shift work and overtime as well as travel to other UK Siemens locations and potentially outside the UK. Travel outside of the Congleton location is usually manageable around personal commitments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job ID: 194953
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time