Siemens Rail Infrastructure – Electrification have a challenging opportunity for a Senior Planner working out of our London Euston Office and reporting into the Senior Planning Manager. This is a hands-on role, with project-based responsibilities as well as providing direction of a small team. You will maintain a strategic overview of programmes of work within the region and will liaise with other regional leads to ensure projects can be completed safely, on schedule, profitable and whilst attaining the customer's satisfaction.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Projects include but are not limited to: design, manufacture, delivery, installation, test & commission into service, and handover of railway E&P, OLE, power, traction power and services contracts, including associated works.
- Lead or directly undertake / contribute to the preparation of accurate project programmes ensuring that targeted packages of work are secured with a profitable potential.
- Ensure that programmes are developed, monitored and reported on through all stages of the project planning cycle using Primavera P6
- Management of cost and resource loaded programmes and associated reports at a portfolio level
- Where required, liaise with Operational or Pre-Construction Manager to assess programme requirements for tender production and ensure these are prepared and monitored to meet the highest standards during the tendering process.
- Ensure contract requirements with respect to time and cost are fully met and administered throughout all projects
- Management of critical interfaces between all stakeholders at project commencement including but not limited to rail possession weekends, design dependencies, booking of critical resource, client requirements and subcontract capability.
- Responsible for ensuring progress and productivity is effectively monitored against the project plan and to put in place any corrective measures, where necessary
- Monitor the performance of programmes using the most suitable metrics for each contract including but not limited to CPI, SPI, milestone slippage.
- Champion the Siemens Project Management methof and ensure all key milestones are monitored across all programmes.
- Coaching/Mentoring other Planners to support the overall development of Siemens RE planning community.
- Establishes highly motivated high performing, success orientated teams to meet planning requirements.
What Skills and Experience do I need?
- Applicants must hold a qualification to HNC or equivalent relevant to the role
- Degree qualified in Engineering / Project Management (preferred)
- Strong leadership, team and motivational skills.
- Extensive planning & controls experience at a similar level within large multi-disciplinary or turnkey UK railway projects.
- Has a strong capability in establishing programmes and operating software such as Primavera P6
- Good capability in MS Office applications, in particular, MS Excel
- Strong commercial aptitude & awareness
- Strong management skills & ability in terms of, written & verbal communication; presentation skills; problem identification, categorisation and solving; people skills; customer management; negotiation skills and change management.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 194978
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time