As a startup in Sunnyvale in 2008, the heart of Silicon Valley, Enlighted was recently acquired by Siemens. We are primed for outstanding growth by redefining Smart Buildings. Enlighted is a trailblazer bringing commercial buildings into the IoT — and we’re looking for the brightest minds out there to help drive that transformation. We’re not just a sensor company, but a data and connectivity company with the big mission of helping our customers meet their sustainability challenges while saving both money and time. Our innovative lighting control systems are already delivering energy savings of up to 85% at a large — and growing — number of Fortune 500 companies. But that’s only the beginning. Our IoT platform for smart buildings with our game-changing sensor technology, which collects data in real-time is revolutionizing the commercial real estate space allowing Enlighted to build exciting use cases for our clients.
Enlighted is looking for a Professional Services Field Engineer to be responsible for programming & training all software and hardware deployed by Enlighted. The ideal candidate will be able to travel throughout the United States, have effective decision-making skills, and self-manage themselves along with a strong work ethic.
Reporting into Director, Engineering Services (based in the US). This is an exciting opportunity to join a young multifaceted company and team that has recently been acquired by Siemens Building Technologies. The company is Headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. Future career progression will be available as the company delivers on its rapid expansion plans across the globe
- Build architecture, designs, and documentation that will lead to consistent reliability, scalability, security, and performance of the Enlighted infrastructure
- Provide configuration recommendation and implementation assistance for new deployments, working directly with our customers during a project’s pre-sales and implementation phases
- Assist our customers in meeting network requirements to host the Enlighted IoT platform (e.g. firewall administration, navigating security requirements, technical mentorship)
- Fix, resolve, and document customer reported network issues and other technical issues via phone and/or e-mail
- Work with the Product and Product Engineering teams to introduce improvements into our product roadmaps and to implement product fixes as needed
- Address customer concern & effective follow-up with Development & Engineering teams on highly complicated incidents
- Drive process improvement and increase knowledge share within the organization
- Train the Enlighted Support team on new technical content and fixes to recurring issues
- Bachelor’s in computers or Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Minimum 4 years of related experience
- Solid hands on networking experience, specifically Linux network configuration
- Knowledge with fundamental network concepts/protocols: VLANs, IPv4/6, ARP, NAT, TCP/IP, UDP, HTTPs, FTP, DNS, SSL, TLS, SSH
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Knowledge of UNIX or Linux systems and server applications and scripting (Linux shell, Python etc.)
- Experience working with or on an enterprise IT team
- Willingness to travel on occasion to support field office projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a work towards provide an excellent customer experience
- Strong organizational skills and ability to build clear concise documentation
Nice to Have
- Experience as a system integrator with large scale enterprise Linux deployments
- Hands on trouble shooting experience in C or Java with for embedded devices
- Good understanding of wireless networking (802.11, 802.15.4) concepts
- Knowledge of with IOT/embedded systems is a huge plus
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNA/CCNP) and/or Security certifications
Job ID: 194986
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Enlighted, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.