Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Plan coordinate monitor and support procurement for business/projects/factory within framework of policies and guideline of SL and SAG with the objective of achieving and exceeding the business goals and strive for customer satisfaction. In addition to it following will be responsibilities for this position.
- Responsible for strategic and operation procurement of commodities managed by self and his/her team.
- Responsible for coordinating with Internal/ External partners, Internal such as Engg., Commercial, Sales, Project Mgt., counterparts from various locations of Siemens and External – Customers, Suppliers/Vendors, Contractors.
- To identify and develop vendors best in line with the target cost, quality and time schedules as per business requirement.
- Vendor Management: Monitor and follow-up on vendor activities, act on potential delays. To ensure that corrective actions are taken to minimize/manage the delays/damages.
- Support sale department in making proposal at bid stage. Should aim at getting best price from vendor with in required timeframe to bag the order.
- Improve supplier performance on the basis of feedback through periodical review on product, services & processes. To achieve improvement in cost, quality & time frame.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- He /She should have 10-15 years of relevant experience of procurement in project business.
- Must have experience of handling team in his/her current/past assignments.
- Preferred candidate should demonstrate good leadership skills.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 195112
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time