Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
- · Review contract and seek clarifications, develop engineering concepts and schemes, seek approval from group head, prepare engineering drawings & documents (P&IDs, layouts and technical specification of equipment’s) block specifications for the systems like lube oils system, gland sealing etc, ensure correctness of documentation in line with guidelines and customer specifications, interface with customers / consultants for technical discussions & approvals, report progress ( including risks ).
- · Plan and review BOP engineering activities Provide support to PM on technical issues, support in cost control and interact with vendors and supply chain personnel for freezing the specifications and technical requirements (pre order and post order) in order to meet the customer contract requirements and keep project within cost.
- · Establish process/equipment documentation including specification for performance testing, work instructions and inspection and test requirements.
- · Standardize the specifications and purchase requirements/engineering of equipment’s/activities in order to achieve reduction in engineers hours and/or better costs.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Engineering Graduate (Mechanical) with 3 to 4 years of experience in handling plant engineering activities of thermal power plant projects.
- Conversant with latest Codes and Standards API, HEI, TEMA, ASME, AGMA etc.
- Well versed with AutoCAD and Microsoft office. Experience in 3D modeling software shall be added advantage.
- Prior experience in Combine cycle/ Coal based power plant Design.
- Knowledge of Thermodynamics and Heat & mass transfer.
- Site experience during erection and commissioning and troubleshooting shall be added advantage.
This role is based in Vadodara. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Gas and Power at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/about/businesses/gas-power.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 195115
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time