Asia Pacific Region Business Lead
To support our strategy for growth, diversification and expansion for software, consulting and engineering solutions in process safety, this position will lead the Process & Safety Consulting business for the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region.
The role will support all aspects of the safety consulting practice development in the APAC region from strategy and sales to execution with full operational responsibility of local staff and budget. The individual in this role will have day to day operational responsibilities of the business based out of our Singapore office.
The individual in this role will functionally to the Head of Process & Safety Consulting with local reporting in Singapore. The individual will closely interface and coordinate operations with headquarters in USA.
The establishment of this position is an opportunity to further grow and expand the presence of the business in the APAC region, by being closer to our customers to provide our support and services, diversify the business and give opportunities for growth to our resources.
- Overall responsibility of the development and success of the safety consulting practice operations for the Asia Pacific region
- Accountable to the Houston Process Safety Head Quarters (HQ) management for success of the regional business with close coordination in the region.
- The role will have primary responsibility for business development and sales in the region along with operational management of the business and staff within the region.
- Devise regional business strategy, plan and implement the strategy to achieve growth objectives.
- Responsible for business development in the region and delivering sales targets per the business plan.
- Manage overall regional P&L with close coordination in the regional countries and with alignment from SAF HQ in the US.
- Manage cost center budget, billability, and productivity to established targets and KPI’s
- Plan and monitor the performance of the regional business
- Reporting regular progress and updates to management with regards to sales pipeline, productivity, quality, financial performance, workload and other KPI’s for the regional business
- develop our resources in the region and ensure improved and consistent execution of our projects.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to staff as required.
- Develop and implement work methods, processes and procedures in line with global business to support continuous improvement of execution
- Support in establishing a global safety consulting practice knowledge base and implement lessons learned and knowledge management process within the region
- 10+ years’ experience in Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals or Chemicals Industry specifically with process safety and related engineering services
- Business Development and Sales experience with proven ability to develop and grow a business with consulting, engineering and software portfolio.
- 5+ years proven experience in technical and management functions with increased responsibilities
- B.S. in Chemical and Mechanical Engineering required, Master’s Degree or higher education preferred
- Prior experience in Process Safety management, Engineering Design, Process Technology, Research and Development is desired.
- Strong written and oral communications skills and proven ability to communicate and interface at all levels within the organization
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong facilitator and negotiator with ability to influence building trust and credibility
- Creative strategic thinker with good business planning skills
- Entrepreneurial and change oriented
- International project execution experience within process safety management is desired
- 25-50% travel is expected within the region
Job ID: 195196
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time