Siemens Digital Industries Software has a job opening for a:
Physics Based Radar Simulation Researcher & Developer
Simcenter Prescan is a growing and wide-spread simulation platform for virtual development and validation of active safety and Automated Driving systems. Prescan offers high-fidelity physics-based simulation models of all sensors relevant for autonomous driving (such as camera, radar, LIDAR, infrared, ultrasonic and DSRC). The newest sensor suite, which is currently under development, is physics-based simulation using ray tracing. To strengthen the team, we have an immediate opening for a Physics Based Radar Simulation Researcher & Developer who will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and improve the physics-based radar sensor simulation software.
- Work within the physics-based simulation development team for further improvement of the simulation engine.
- Combine software development with researching and understanding how sensors (especially radar) work and can be modelled.
- Education level: MSc, BSc, Technical Informatics, Physics, Electrical Engineering.
- Good understanding of physics-based sensor simulations (especially automotive radars)
- Good understanding of electromagnetism at millimeter wavelengths
- Knowledge of C++ development
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of Software Development cycle (design, coding, testing, documentation, etc)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (python, Matlab, etc)
- Knowledge of GPU and its working principles.
- Knowledge of OpenCL, CUDA and/or Optix, etc
- Knowledge of MATLAB Simulink
- Likes to pick up new challenges
- Team player
- Inventive regarding complex problems
- Enthusiastic to learn and improve the team knowledge.
Job ID: 195205
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software and Services B.V.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time