The Product Owner of AI-Pathway Companion has overall accountability for managing scope within the backlog to ensure that maximum value is delivered. S/he would be responsible for developing Clinical Decision Support system for Oncology based disease pathway(s). S/he is highly available to the Agile teams to answer any questions the team has on the customer’s view of the feature implementation. The successful candidate will have domain knowledge within healthcare and be able to clearly translate customer needs into product requirements. The Product Owner will lead 1-2 Agile teams, is empowered to own decisions for their backlog, and must be decisive to maintain the speed of development.
Key responsibilities of Product Owner include (but not limited to):
• Owns (creates, maintains, and prioritizes) user story backlog for 1-2 Agile teams
• Ensures user stories are ready for development and each has the right acceptance criteria
• Works with Agile teams on grooming the backlog
• Translates customer and stakeholder needs into product requirements
• Accepts stories when complete
• Assists in planning the release content and product roadmap
• Interacts with customers and stakeholders to ensure proper understanding of requirements
• Manages ranked backlog of new feature requests and product ideas
• Ensures organizational release readiness through training activities and documentation availability
• Tracks and manages key KPIs, escalating appropriately as needed
Internal Interactions: Product Line Manager, Product Manager, Project Lead, Quality Manager, Risk Manager, Development Team (e. g. Scrum Master, System Analyst, Architects, Developers, Testers, etc.), Usability Engineer, SCM (Enabling) & Customer Service teams, Technical Writers, etc.
External Interactions: Customers – Oncologists, Physicians, Radiologists, Radiology Technicians, Hospital Administrators, IT Administrators etc.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Product Management, Medicine (M.B.B.S. or M.D.) or healthcare related field
7+ years’ experience in product management, product development, or related filed
5+ years’ experience in Healthcare domain (preferably Oncology)
Desired Knowledge & Experience
• In depth knowledge of Oncology domain
• Good knowledge of clinical practice guidelines e.g. NCCN, ESMO etc.
• Knowledge of Healthcare IT Standards HL7 (e.g. CIMI, CQL, CDA, FHIR), openEHR, IHE, concepts and terminologies of SNOMED CT, LOINC, RxNorm would be an added advantage
• Thorough experience in Requirements Engineering and feature definition activities.
• Good understanding of software systems categorized as Medical Device
• Basic understanding of Legal regulations and standards applicable for medical devices, affecting safety aspects
• Product Lifecycle Management
Required Soft-skills & Other Capabilities
• Drive and motivation towards gaining business success
• Decision making skills and ability to balance customer expectations alongside engineering team capacity
• Excellent communication, global team interactions in an inter-cultural environment
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team context
• Startup / Winning mindset
Job ID: 195224
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time