This position is responsible for all project management and light engineering duties on assigned projects. As needed this position may be assigned as part of a larger project team with selected duties at the direction of the operations manager or perform self directed activities on assigned work. The position will support the building automation and energy solutions product lines. This position requires work to be completed at both office and field locations.
- Supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects.
- Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales-to-operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements.
- Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team; monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre determined execution plan.
- Prepares engineering re-estimate reports and progress billings, orders material and handles other miscellaneous project tasks.
- Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs.
- Pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
- Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- 1 year of Project Management experience in one or more phases of project delivery.
- 5+yrs experience with controls, building automation or energy.
- Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Knowledge or Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis on Excel.
- Knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
- Prior experience with project related financial measurements.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems including chillers, boilers and HVAC system.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Experience with other low-voltage electrical systems is a plus.
- PMP/CAPM certification is a plus. Ability to obtain certification upon employment necessary.
- Knowledge of Siemens Fire and Security product lines.
- Expert in mechanical systems and/or controls.
- Knowledge of IT, servers and networking
Job ID: 195252
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.