Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Data Scientist Intern.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious student, looking for an entry in their career. As a Data Scientist Intern, you will be responsible for:
- Working with large data sets in distributed storages and designing analytical approaches.
- Understanding the concepts and building algorithms in the healthcare domain.
- Applying coding skills and knowledge data structures and algorithms to develop projects in partnership with engineers in the team.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers.
- You have knowledge of big data architecture and tools.
- You have demonstrated your ability to analyze large datasets, to visualize data, to communicate effectively about data, and to use data effectively.
- You are able to query and manipulate structured and unstructured data.
- You have an interest and passion for deep learning and distributed representations.
- You are interested in bringing our customers voices to life to inform our ultrasound products.
- You think creatively, and you work well both as part of a team and as an individual contributor.
- You are comfortable working with minimal direction, with the ability to coordinate complex activities.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Currently enrolled in a university program or certification focused on machine learning, big data, computer science, statistics, bioinformatics, computational linguistics or other related programs.
- Bachelor's (rising juniors/seniors) and Master's students
- Experience extracting raw data from multiple sources to one tool such as Tableau or Power BI in order to create actionable reports.
- Knowledge of big data architecture and tools.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 or greater
- Up to 40 hours a week (flexibility based on schedule)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 195278
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Either
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.