Site Installation Technician (Fire Sprinkler Inspector)
Our contributions sometimes aren’t very apparent – but our innovations have made history. Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently seeking experienced fire sprinkler inspectors to join our growing team. We offer competitive wage, company vehicle, and benefit package.
In this dynamic role, you will test and inspect fire alarm and fire sprinkler systems with knowledge of multiple manufacturers’ products. We have a need for self-motivated, customer service-oriented inspectors with strong written and verbal communication skills. You will also provide accurate and detailed inspection reports with all proper documentation of deficiencies and other complications.
Are you ready to make history with us?
- Knowledge with inspecting different types of water-based sprinkler and alarm systems
- Inspecting, Testing and Servicing Fire Alarm Systems.
- Performing inspections on fire pump and special systems
- Safe use and operation of hand tools and powered hand tools.
- Preparing accurate and timely service tickets and reports.
- Daily contact for communication of materials and assignments.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Working knowledge of sprinkler controls Proficient in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat and database (software) programs
- Ability to troubleshoot, service, repair, modify and replace Fire Alarm Systems.
- Must be able to work at heights and lift at least 50lbs.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment; ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting scheduled time
- Willing to be rotational on-call after hours for emergency service requests
- NICET level 2 and/or State Certifications for desired position or ability to obtain within 2 months
- Self-motivated with little direct supervision required
- Conduct inspections for new and established customers in a timely manner while maintaining highest standard of quality work
- Ability to complete site surveys and identify code issues and solutions
- Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working in ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Knowledge and ability to survey situations and provide best results
- Maintain accurate and precise documentation daily
- Display professional appearance
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Professional communication with customers and ability to provide excellent customer service
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid and clean driver's license required
- 5+ years of Fire sprinkler/alarm inspector experience
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• Multiple locations within Washington DC area
Job ID: 195290
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.