We are currently seeking an experienced Strategic Buyer (Buying Professional) to work at our Circuit Breaker factory (GP TP SW NA) located in Richland-Mississippi (Siemens Gas and Power).
- Develop and Implement Commodity strategies to ensure long-term agreement and cost reduction of commodities;
- Contribute to the implementation and ensure usage of globally defined methods, process and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, Procurement Guidelines, IT systems;
- Prepare and conduct negotiations with suppliers for low to high purchasing volumes in order to deliver the relevant savings for each category and increase the payment terms conditions;
- Support Supplier Management Process (e.g. qualification, selection, evaluation, development, classification;
- Contract Negotiation with suppliers;
- Establish Make & Hold agreement negotiation;
- Ensure a close cooperation with internal customers such as Engineering, R&D, Production, Quality, etc.;
- Provides a detailed global and local analysis of designated commodities;
- Analyses information to determine options/solutions available;
- Can independently prepare and carry out negotiations with suppliers in the world (USA, Mexico, China, India, Germany, etc.);
- Is able to apply classic negotiation methods and has knowledge in advance negotiation methods (e.g. ANC/e-Auction);
- Knows the cost structure of his/her commodity in detail and identifies improvement potentials;
- Provides reliable and precise cost calculations/comparisons behind supplier offers (ToCO);
- Follows the process requirements in terms of Compliance;
- Knows the Business Conduct Guidelines and applies them in day-to-day work;
- Knows the tasks of the ECC function, his/her contract partner and when to involve ECC;
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Accounting or Business Administration
- 8-10 years knowledge of purchasing fundamentals including RFQ's and Negotiation;
- Effective teamwork and collaboration;
- Establishes and maintains lasting and effective working relationships based on mutual trust and respect;
- Consistently keeps others informed and initiates active exchange of knowledge;
- Ability to access priorities, demonstrate flexibility and understand the sense of urgency;
- Self-motivated, demonstrate problem solving abilities, continuous improvement and decision-making skills;
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and technical specifications;
- Incoterms 2020 Knowledge;
- Able to analyze problems and suggest improvement solutions;
- Takes the active part in improvement initiatives;
- Manages exchange of information or complaints with colleagues and suppliers;
- Participates actively in international meetings, both face-to-face or virtual, conveying important points;
- Proactively anticipates and prevents problems;
- Able to argue against the typical objections from suppliers;
- Analyzes multiple alternatives, risks, and benefits for a range of potential solutions;
- Advanced Microsoft capabilities (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SAP);
- · Travel if needed up to 10% (International or Domestic)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Typically, four (8) to eight (10) years minimum of successful experience in related procurement field, ideally in the area of Insulators, Machined Parts, Sheet Metal parts, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business Administration
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years
Job ID: 195297
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.