Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. And with technologies for thermal generation, renewable energies, Power-to-H2 and energy storage we pave the way to a sustainable energy mix. Regarding power generation, we offer products and solutions to assist our customers on their continuous business optimization. As digitalization, decentralization and decarbonization continue to disrupt the global energy sector, plant performance becomes measured in more than just megawatts. Overall asset operating agility (including fuel flexibility), improving dispatch, help increase profitability, reinforce energy security and multiply economic growth is the name of the game.
The Prescriptive Marketing Group within the Marketing and Sales Operations (MK&SOP) organization of the Power Generation Service BU leverages proprietary and public data through analytics to uncover opportunities to assist our customers capture market tailwinds and overcome market headwinds. We use data to help our customer be faster, cleaner, smarter and better. This Group strives to understand the markets our customers operate in. The Prescriptive Marketing Group is looking for a candidate to spearhead the marketing analytics for the Asia region. This role is strategic and perceived as an enabler to expand the success demonstrated already by the Sales team.
The RAS (Region Asia) Power Marketing Analytics Lead is responsible for developing asset, customer and fleet forensics on historical and future dispatch behavior, improving value selling calculations and assist the Sales team to increase Siemens’ penetration levels with customers in Korea and Australia. This individual will also establish key set of assumptions and develop/maintain a long-term outlook of said power markets, taking into consideration input from Sales’ insight and know-how on customers, in order to constantly identify and recommend asset optimization opportunities.
The responsibilities that the candidate will undertake include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Improve existing and develop new modeling and visualization tools;
· Discuss with the Sales team and rest of MK&SOP market trends in the region;
· Increase customers’ confidence in Siemens’ proposed business case and value proposition;
· Quantify the value proposition for Sales opportunities and marketing campaigns revolving around power augmentation, efficiency, flexibility, reliability, availability, cost optimization, operational excellence and environmental stewardship;
· Translate market trends into assumptions of the focus power markets;
· Manipulate dispatch optimization models;
· Assist Head of Marketing Analytics and Regional Partner meeting the Region’s smart origination annual target.
· Others if required.
Required Skills and Experience
· Minimum a bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar major with strong analytical rigor.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in power market analytics, business development, sales, and/or energy consulting.
· Excellent understanding of the power and fuels value chain fundamentals.
· Experience in Korean power market economics with knowledge of its dynamics and regulations.
· LNS sales purchase agreements or Power purchase agreements experience desirable.
· Superior ability to communicate value propositions, business strategies orally and in writing, creative and analytic thinker, self-motivated, superior problem-solving skills, self-reliant team player.
· Software experience with PLEXOS, PROMOD or equivalent is preferred. Handling of visualization and analysis tools such as Tableau, Alteryx, Python, R, SAS, SQL, ML/AI, or GAMS is desired.
· Position would be based out of Seoul and requires 50% amount of travel. Native in Korean and Proficiency in English is necessary.
· Legally permitted to work in South Korea
What will be the Employment condition?
· Start to work : As soon as possible
· Contract type : Permanent
· Korean Title & Salary level : applied to internal rules & guideline
· Working location : Siemens office in Seoul
What else do I need to know?
· Application due : Rolling until hired
· Please upload your CV in English and Korean as 1 pdf file.
Please do not mention your
personal information regarding your resident registration number, passport
number, driving license no., Foreign registration number (ARC number) not
required for recruitment process.
채용 과정에 불필요한 고유식별정보 (주민등록번호, 여권번호, 운전면허번호, 외국인 등록번호) 및 민감정보 (종교, 정치, 건강 등 관련 정보)는 기재하지 않습니다.
Patriots/Veterans’ family and/or
the disabled will be advantaged with the proven document according to its
국가보훈 대상자와 장애자는 관련 서류 제출 시 관계법에 따라 우대합니다.
In case false information is
turned out on your application, Siemens Ltd. Seoul has the authorization to
withdraw the job offer or terminate employment agreement.
입사 지원서 상 허위 사실이 판명될 경우, 지멘스㈜는 잡오퍼를 철회하거나, 고용 계약을 해지할 권한이 있습니다.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Job ID: 195338
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd. Seoul
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time