Siemens is seeking a Senior Technical Specialist to join our Cypress branch and support our Security Service team. The role will be responsible for client-site security system support across the Los Angeles market.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
Responsibilities 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. unless otherwise noted:
· Manage ServiceNow Support tickets to resolution.
- Update, configure, and maintain the Qognify Situator product and all gateway integrations such as Picture Perfect ACAMS, Data 911 CAD, and Nice Vision VMS.
- Provide on-site, overnight, and remote software support on hardware and software, including but not limiting to system changes, upgrades, troubleshooting, and architecture design.
- Manage monthly server patch updates (occurs during an overnight monthly schedule, typically the first Friday a.m. of each month – 12a.m. to 9 a.m.)
- Provide training for users of the customers’ security systems such as incident management, gate management, Airport Police & Airport Operations management
- Develop and support data and dashboard solutions using Smartsheets, MS Power BI, and SharePoint.
- Provide IT support expertise with customer vendors on developing best practices.
- Provide desktop support for all users.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Security System support experience (front-end and back-end) for video management systems, access control systems, and other related systems.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English and the ability to write documentation (training materials, business processes, and architecture diagrams).
- Ability to train customers on the use of their security systems.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Proficient in MS Office suite and MS Project.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree
- Other preferences with the following:
- Experiencing building or maintaining networks.
- PSIM simulation software/Incident management software/Qognify Situator admin experience.
- Video Display Systems (BARCO)
- Mass Notification Systems (Everbridge)
- Office 365 Teams
- GCR ASOCS
- IBM Maximo software
- Aerobahn web software
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401(k) match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 195343
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.