This position works closely with the Operations Manager and Project Managers within SBT (BAU, FIS, SES). The goal of the position is to allow Project Managers and Supervisors to focus on job execution, while ensuring implementation of our core business processes. Coordinators also act as the HUB on all projects ensuring they move smoothly through all Project Milestones, keep a focused attention on document control, project close out, and will at times correspond with customers, on behalf of the Project Manager, in order to help ensure overall customer satisfaction.
· Ensure booking package is complete, obtain any missing documents and store in the Electronic folder.
· Obtain Plans and specifications and ensure they are delivered to the PM and Project Engineer.
· Perform regular follow up on comments and action items from the Sales to Operations Turn Over meeting (if applicable).
· Schedule the PM to Technical Workforce Turn Over Meeting (if applicable)
· Ensure correct Responsible Person and Applicant are entered in SAP, Follow PM’s SAP Milestone sheet and at the direction of the PM, adjust the project User Status (i.e. PM80 PM100) in SAP.
· Add technical workforce personnel in Project Builder, as directed by PM to allow correct and timely timesheet entry.
JOBS in Progress (Daily/Weekly/Monthly)
General PM Support:
At the direction of the Project Managers, provide support to the PM with duties pertaining to projects. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Obtaining construction documents
- Project related document creation, copying, distribution and control
- Coordinate material purchasing and delivery to appropriate locations (as needed)
- Track material to ensure requested ship/deliver dates are met and costs properly accounted for in the project cost
- Provide support for any P-Card purchases and reconciliation to job costing in SAP.
- Be the liaison between the PMs, Specialists, Sales Executives, Procurement, Engineering, and FBA Staff as required.
- Work with PM to ensure permits/approvals are opened before work begins and closed at job completion
- Validate with OM that licensing requirements have been validated.
- Certified payroll documents are received timely.
- Ensure that certificates of insurance are not expired.
- Work with PM to book Change Orders.
- Forecasting – review PM forecast and make preliminary adustments after previous month close and adjust end dates
Be the liaison between the FBA organization and the PM’s to review billings (including SOV documents ) at the beginning of each month.
- Update and print out the prior months billing and distribute to each PM being supported, by the 5th of the month
- Work with the PMs to create new billing documents.
- Track and receive all updated billing requests from the PM’s.
- Point out potential CIE issues on projects.
- Input new billings for month into the appropriate billing form, obtain PM approval for processing and submit the billing form to billing processor by 10th of the month.
Aid the Project Managers in collecting and communicating required information/documentation to facilitate customer payments.
- Collaborate with the PM and Collections Dept. to develop action plans to collect payments greater than 60 days outstanding.
- Obtain transmittals and receipts for any transferred information (certified mail, fax receipts, etc.).
- Update status and comments in collection tool.
Perform contract administration for the PM’s to ensure a timely and smooth document flow to Subcontractors.
· Create purchase requisition or S-100 for Subcontractors once PM has finalized subcontractor price & scope. Attach applicable documents to purchase requisition
· Complete necessary Subcontract Agreement form, bond documents and send to PM for review/approval.
· Upon approval from the PM, send the Subcontract Agreement and bond request to Subcontractor. Provide consistent follow-up in order to achieve a fully executed subcontract, bond and certificate of insurance. File the documents in both the electronic and PM’s project file.
· Ensure BT Subcontract and Bond Handling process is followed.
Month Close Support:
Perform monthly/month-end PM tasks as directed by the PM’s. These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Active involvement in MPC meetings.
- Receive Planned Cost adjustment information from PM to process in SAP before month-end close. (Refer to the Claims and NCC Standard document). Ensure audit report is clean.
- Assist Project Managers to ensure all jobs are reviewed.
- Review PM’s milestone sheets and update project’s milestones during month close after all appropriate claims and labor hour plan adjustments have been processed. Sign off on milestone sheet when update is complete in SAP, file in the project folder and notify PM.
- Create a monthly snapshot (project version) for all projects where the plan cost has been modified and no PM@Siemens milestone has been set for future project comparison.
- Provide support/reporting to ensure timesheets are submitted before month end.
Ensure that project specific documentation is filed for ease of review by the PM/Project Team, legal, and audit reviews. Filing is to be performed on a weekly basis for each project. Documents for the Job File include, but are not limited to:
- Booking package
- Project Contract
- Turnover forms
- Material packing lists
- Invoices from suppliers and subcontractors
- Subcontractor Agreements
- Change order documents
- Project correspondence
- Project Meeting minutes (including turnover meetings)
· On projects flagged by PM’s for TECO, ensure that they do not have unissued material, are billed 100%, and do not contain committed cost.
· Obtain all documents for the Solutions to Service turn over meeting.
· Notify Solutions to Service Turnover coordinator to coordinate a turnover meeting and transfer documents.
· Following the Service Turnover meeting, archive the solutions project folder.
• Run Streamlined TECO process at the POC level.
BUSINESS PROCESS RESPONSIBILITIES
Sales to Ops T/O:
· Receive electronic booking packages
· Schedule weekly meetings for these turnovers. The coordinator will prepare an agenda for projects to be turned over at the weekly meeting.
· During the T/O meeting, ensure the appropriate parties sign the turnover forms and the Business Standards Workbook (now called – PM080 checklist). Signed documentation is to be filed both electronically and in the job file
PM to Technical Workforce T/O(Specialist)
- and schedule the meeting after PM 400 and before PM 550.
- Utilize PM to Technical Workforce T/O agenda and document results.
Solutions / Service T/O:
- Work with PM to create and gather documentation
· Prepare an agenda and schedule the monthly T/O for TECO’d projects.
· During the T/O meeting, ensure the appropriate parties sign the turnover forms and Business Standards Workbook (if applicable).
· Signed documentation is to be filed both electronically and in the job file.
· Coordinate and attend Operations meetings as scheduled by the Operations Manager.
· Coordinate Employee Satisfaction events for the Operations Team as directed by the Operations Manager.
· Manage Travel/Training costs.
Job ID: 195353
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.