At Siemens Mobility, we live and nurture an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We put our customers first, external & internal, holding ourselves and each other accountable to deliver on our commitments by owning the issue, delivering on time, and within budget. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to self-direct themselves and their teams and innovate to succeed.
The Siemens Mobility Customer Services Division (CS) employs more than 200 employees in the USA and is part of the Siemens Mobility global Customer Services community. The CS Service portfolio includes long term maintenance, technical service/spare parts supply, vendor managed inventory, refurbishment/overhaul/accident repair including digital service introduction and retrofits for Siemens and 3rd party rolling stock, infrastructure and related components.
As Director of CS Engineering you will report to the Head Customer Services North America and be responsible for the following activities:
- Develop and maintain relationships with Mobility Customer Service and Product development stakeholders.
- Implementing best practice engineering methods.
- Providing expert technical guidance to the CS organization and top management.
- Supporting established organizational objectives by developing goals and strategies.
- Support Bids and projects with technical related requirements management, budgets and project plans.
- Develop an Engineering team that can independently design solutions for long term support of Siemens existing installed base and 3rd party equipment. This includes Electrical, Mechanical, and Software Engineering competencies.
- Develop and support Digital Services in the implementation of customer solutions.
- Implement cost saving strategies to Product Life Cycle by extending maintenance cycles, reducing repair costs, 3rd party sourcing and design improvements.
- Work with global Customer Service experts to exchange best practice.
- Keep up to date with industry technology trends and innovate the CS approach to engineering.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering (preferably Mechanical or Electrical) or equivalent education and experience.
- Experienced Professional 5-8 years of experience (preferably in rail, mining or other heavy industry)
- 8 + years of experience in management
- Effective technical communicator, both oral and written
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Local and International travel required
Additional and Experience Skills
- Experience with engineering software tools.
- Experience in production, field service and design engineering environments.
- Customer workshop and operations experience a plus.
Job ID: 195373
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.