As a Manufacturing Engineer, focused on New Product Introductions, the primary responsibility will be to ensure that new product production operations are ready to go at the scheduled start of market introduction date. All required jigs, fixturing, test equipment, and processes utilizing lean methodologies and practical process knowledge are ready at startup.
· Maintaining and reviewing Product Cost Structures, Routings, and Bill of Materials
· Provide engineering support for all activities in the product development process.
· Prepare project timelines and identify all resource requirements and evaluate financials for manufacturing processes.
· Monitor status of all new products and ensure effective execution of projects in accordance with the Siemens standards, procedures and guidelines.
· Prepare plans for all NPI projects and coordinate with all stakeholders and ensure release of quality product.
· Assist Project Leaders and manage integration of all products according to product lifecycle.
· Work with design engineering and assist in transition of design prototypes into cost efficient and high to low volume products.
· Analyze and recommend improvements to all production process and methods to facilitate cost reduction and quality improvement.
· Coordinate the implementation of Engineering Design Requests
- Initiate, lead and drive activities pertaining to cycle time, process improvements
- Used statistical process analysis on new and existing product lines to provide KPI improvements
- Develop and maintain process documentation up-to-date and in accordance with ISO
- Interface with production of all activities associated with new/change process implementation
- Assist in the development of training and provide training to production personnel during new technology transfer
- Analyze and plan workforce utilization, space and tools requirements, workflow, and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency and in accordance with Lean Manufacturing principles
- Lead Lean and Problem Solving workshops, i.e. (8D, PDCA, CI, and PFMEA’s and various training sessions)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
- 3-5 years experience in manufacturing environment
- Six Sigma / Six Sigma Lean / Lean Certification
- Practical experience identifying / analyzing new technologies required, creating a value stream analysis, performing total space needs analysis, performing total capacity needs analysis, implementation planning, etc. preferred.
- Practical experience training others on Lean topics, facilitating Lean improvement activities, leading lean improvement activities (KAIZEN)
- Practical experience utilizing and implementing lean methods and tools such as 5s, 7 Types of Waste, Structured Problem Solving, Practical Problem Solving (root cause analysis), Flow Principles, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping, and Lean Shop Floor Management Model.
- Travel required up to 10% of time
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 195375
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.