Mechanical Design Engineer
The mechanical design engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and analysis of the voltage regulators and its subcomponent assemblies. This will require the use of proper engineering principles and practices to effectively complete the required tasks. Additionally, this position will support R&D projects, manufacturing equipment improvements, and equipment modeling. This position will report directly to the Engineering Manager at the voltage regulator factory in Richland, MS.
· Perform mechanical analyses on the voltage regulator components (tank, clamping, tap changer, etc.) to support product design and development
· Use cutting-edge 2D and 3D software to model designs and individual parts to support the generation of engineering drawings and bills of material.
· Lead and collaborate on R&D projects for further product improvements
· Assist the manufacturing team with equipment improvement projects
· Support drafting technicians with drawing creation and revisions
· Effectively communicate among multiple functional groups (sales/marketing, procurement, suppliers, manufacturing, etc.) for the flawless execution of customer requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree, mechanical engineering preferred, other engineering degrees will be considered with applicable experience in mechanical design.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Self-motivated to produce high quality results within the time allocated, with limited supervision
· Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience in the Power industry with voltage regulator/transformer products, low/medium/high voltage products or electrical substations.
- Experience with SAP
- Strong understanding of design-to-cost and design-to-manufacturing principles
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 195385
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.