Manages the installation and commissioning of fire alarm and security systems in commercial applications including card access and CCTV systems.
· Full Financial responsibility for projects ranging from $1k - $2M, to include a portfolio of $2.5-3M
· Development and implementation of project plans and schedules
· Manages and schedules internal resources; engineers, technicians, installers and sub-contractors.
· Routine project/program management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource management activities).
· Technical review of system design and documentation during the pre-sales process, engineer turnover process, post engineering process and as-build process.
· Responsible for the customer relationship on assigned projects.
· Quality Control of estimates, designs, installation, commissioning, documentation and turnover to service.
· Manages small to large jobs from pre-booking to customer acceptance. Supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
· Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements. Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
· Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
· Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
· Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
· Participates in job site final walk-thru and manages the completion of all close-out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions; transfers or excess materials; billings, collections and payments; and all project records.
· Assists Engineers and Specialists on the assigned project, with any of the above listed responsibilities to ensure smooth project execution with their fast paced, field focused workload.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required.
- Required travel: 20%
- Required experience: 3+ years successful experience managing medium to large projects within the Fire & Life Safety industry. (Med 250k-750k sqft, Large >750k sqft)
- Required Certification: NICET II certification
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Must have knowledge of the appropriate codes and standards which govern design and operating requirements.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and be 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Program.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without needing current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Project / Construction Management, Electrical Engineering, Fire Protection or related field.
- NICET III Preferred (must obtain within 12 months of hire)
Job ID: 195392
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.