Proposal Specialist is responsible for offer Preparation for Projects, Systems, & Services, Costing and Pricing, Pre-qualifications with potential clients, Market information / survey & accordingly fill the LoA form, Secure order in line with the financial objectives of the company. This job function is for Proposal Engineer for retrofitting and extension jobs including medium / low voltage, bus duct, cabling, transformers and control protection equipment
What are my responsibilities?
- Responsible for technical and commercial bid preparation, tender clarifications with the customer in order to convert enquiries into orders
- Prepare Cost estimate, submit quotations, follow-up quotation with customers in order to win order
- Responsible for Co-ordination with Site engineer, Engineering and Procurement Department, 3rd parties to achieve offer preparation on time
- Handover of acquired project and execution team/project manager & coordination with the execution team for the acquisition of project
- Coordinate with Procurement Department for defining inquires to external suppliers and support negotiating with suppliers
- Assist other colleague / department as & when required like Siemens One in order to promote interdepartmental cooperation
- To have capability to review customer requirements / specifications in details and to come up with most optimize technical and commercial solution giving Siemens competitive edge over competition.
- Should have Risk management skills (preferred) to anticipate project risk(s) at the time of offering and then mitigate the risk during the execution.
- Ensuring up to date market information through internal and external partners
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (Power).
- At least 10+ years’ experience dealing within the required Job profile
- Able to work in an international team or in an International environment – Teamwork
- Preferable 2 years of collaboration with international teams to fit into the worldwide oriented engineering and other organizational structure.
- Has knowledge of medium voltage and protection systems, product portfolio, power engineering concept in general and IT software’s.
- To be able to understand the customer specifications and requirements.
- Well versant with PC application software (Microsoft office, Microsoft Project, VISIO etc); MS Projects, Primavera
- Ability to work proactively on own initiative, as well as in a team environment
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be
Job ID: 195394
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time