As a Commercial Sales Manager you will be responsible to lead all the commercial and financial aspects of the project acquisition, bid preparation, and contract handover phases of new equipment projects in North and Latin America, with an overall objective of optimizing the financial outcome of projects.
- Actively create and implement Commercial offer strategy together with the Technical Sales Manager.
- Identify, manage and mitigate commercial areas of a contract including but not limited to currency/hedging risks, financial securities, terms of payment, insurances, export control, and compliance.
- Define Business Model based on country specific tax codes/structures
- Actively participate in the project pricing process by interfacing with Technical Sales, and Proposals.
- Support and verify sales calculation (cost and pricing).
- Liaison with other internal functions, including Legal, SFS, Insurance, Taxes, etc.
- Obtain LOA approvals together with the technical counterpart. Follow, complete and document all required Commercial processes.
- Coordinate and distribute high quality limits of authority packages to management.
- Complete and timely delivery of all financial/commercial relevant documents and information to the project execution (handover).
- Ensure quality of Sales Funnel and Order Entry Forecast
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates Degree
- 8+ years of experience with project business scope with proposals and/or execution within related industry.
- Understanding of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or equailvent
- Familar with contract terms and conditions of purchase sales
- Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Strong quality and organization orientation.
- Strong writing, presentation meeting facilitation skills.
- Excellent communications skills; able to clearly and concisely express technical information (or data) to non-technical associates, peers and senior management through writing, speaking and presentations.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
- Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Ability to conceptualize & socialize ideas, make/present recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward.
- Flexibility and willingness for potential of 25% domestic or international travel
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 195399
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.