Commercial Project Manager
Smart Infrastructure/ Digital Systems Qatar is seeking a Commercial Project Manager (CPM) to be responsible for commercial aspects related to customer contracts—from the execution to project completion. Responsibilities encompass, performance measurement, planning, forecasting, and reporting. The CPM is supporting the Country Business Unit Head of Finance in all other areas where a takeover of responsibilities is decided and/or a useful contribution.
- Ensure compliance with Levels of Authority approval guidelines for commercial aspects, e.g. risk management process.
- Ensure quality of all commercial and administrational project policies per Siemens guidelines.
- Ensure an adequate handover phase, analyze customer requirements, and examine their commercial and contractual feasibility and transferability.
- Ensure proper financial project set-up including work breakdown structure (WBS) in line with agreed project budget and company internal contractual arrangements.
- Support the Project Manager in managing and optimizing targeted financial results with due professional care (e.g. project gross profit, cash flow, assets, and financing instruments).
- Perform financial planning, forecasting, controlling, reconciliation of project cash flow, and constant deviation analysis. Ensure data integrity between SAP back end and specific front-end tools in SI RSS
- Set up financial performance plan for the project based on the planned delivery schedule for the offered scope during the sales phase and manage it throughout the project execution phase.
- Set up and closely monitor revenue recognition: actual vs plan, degree of completion, cost to complete, total forecasted costs vs planned. Ensure full compliance of revenue and cost recognition with Siemens accounting policies under US-GAAP / IFRS, as well as overall compliance with internal controls, like export control, signature mandate.
- Support the responsible Project Managers on change management issues (variations) relating to the scope of the project. Obtain verification and approval of variations prior to submittal to the customer ensuring appropriate costing and pricing in accordance with PM@Siemens Guidelines.
- Support the Project Manager in identifying, evaluating, and assessing risks & opportunities, strategies, and response activities. Constantly assess risks& opportunities and their impact either in the risk register and/or in the gross margin while proposing measures to prevent negative margin slippage due to risks that could have been avoided.
- Implement and drive measures together with the Project Manager to leverage opportunities to improve the project performance, e.g. through claims and variation management. Support Project Manager to ensure Project Quality based on Siemens guidelines and achievement of project goals.
- Support Project Manager in the timely issuing of invoices with a strong focus on managing Account Receivables and project cash flow.
- Drive Procurement together with the Project Manager by involving the responsible purchasing representative to ensure that the purchase orders are based on the best available bids and are within the set budget.
- Ensure consistent terms and conditions with suppliers/subcontractors in line with the end-customer contract.
- Coordinate other contractual requirements (e.g., LC’s,performance guarantees, insurances, ) to achieve contract commitments.
- Actively communicate with customers’ commercial representatives and manage resolution of commercial issues.
- Influence team to take positive action and assume accountability for assigned work.
- Regularly perform lessons-learned activities on commercial aspects and feed results into own project lessons-learned activities and into own organization.
- Drive interpersonal relationships, foster effective communication, and manage conflicts.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- University degree in business administration, or similar education
- Advanced knowledge in contract law and experience in contractual negotiation.
- Advance knowledge in business models and contractual setup structure
- Know-how on the applications of basics of financial accounting-IFRS, controlling, reporting/preparing procedures and documentation, law of contracts, public procurement law, foreign trade and customs regulations, general logistics etc.
- Strong command in English language and MS Office program.
- Structured, analytical, driving team player with the ability to handle multiple and complex tasks in parallel
- Certified Commercial Project Manager (Minimum “C” certified)
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be
Job ID: 195457
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time