Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Site management for handling of site jobs- Supervision, turnkey jobs etc..
- Understanding of the project and equipments associated in the respective project.
- Visit sites for supply verifications as per requirement.
- Supervise the site installation of compressors.
- Ensuring site visits as adhering to the required safety norms.
- Plan site installation sequence and ensure timely completion of site installation.
- Monitor site progress and ensure is as per plan.
- Coordination with the vendor team for installation assistance requirements.
- Understanding of API and ASME requirements as per project requirement.
- Communication with customer, supplier and with the head office team as per site as per requirement
- Attend and resolve site related issues for successful commissioning of the project.
13. Commissioning of the compressor packages
14. Monitoring of the steps form receipt of material to site till commissioning of compressor packages.
- Preparing of activity charts from site receipt till commissioning of compressors.
- Arranging of any of the shipments required to overcome site requirements or discrepancies.
- Proactively manage shipping when client is responsible for such, including advance client notifications and escalation, if required, in order to assure schedules support timely D-R revenue recognition.
- Manage project scope via Contract Change Authorizations (CCA), upselling D-R products and services, as per site requirements of customer.
- Update site progress as per prescribed formats and systems.
- Conduct lessons learnt for the project installation and commissioning.
- Coordination with the various internal and external teams for any of the RCA requirements.
- Providing all the required inputs for carrying out of the RCA in case of requirements..
- Communicate effectively with clients, project team members and all levels of the organization.
- Update operation team on the project progress and observations.
- Lead and handle Turn Key project, for which he may be required to get stationed at site for long duration.
- Extensive travel to sites sometimes with a short notice.
- Carrying out assembly of compressors at site for commissioning readiness.
- Coordination of customer training at site or at Plant.
- Drive the RCA investigation of Quality incidents at site if any
- Reading and Interpretation of Package Engineering drawings like P&I Diagram, General Arrangement, Foundation Plan, piping plan and piping isometric drawings
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Hands on experience of the centrifugal and reciprocating compressors.
- Assembly knowledge and hands on experience of Centrifugal and Reciprocating compressors.
- Site working experience with Oil and Gas Industry
- Working knowledge of industry standards, such as API, ASME, etc.
- Understanding and working with highest safety standards.
- Knowledge of equipment installation and alignment practices.
- Proficiency in the application of computerized systems, including standard business applications (i.e.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Strong bias for following processes and continual process improvement
- Strong sense of time urgency for critical-path project items, milestones, and key project deliverables
- Diploma/ Degree in Engineering with at least 5-10 years working experience in Oil and Gas , Heavy machinery manufacturing industry or Industry of similar nature
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 195472
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time