A Professional Buyer is assigned to the Voltage Regulator Business in Richland, MS and manages the supplier base for purchasing volume in the location with the objective to maximize the value added, reduce the supplier related risks and meet or exceed defined target costs and productivity targets. This role interfaces with local operations, sales, engineering, quality management and finance in all aspects of procurement.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Richland factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
- Implements Commodity strategies to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials.
- Contributes to implementation and ensure usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, Procurement guidelines, IT systems).
- Prepares and conducts negotiations to obtain highest feasible savings.
- Generates, documents and implements savings to contribute to the success of the business and make results transparent.
- Executes Supplier Management processes (e.g. qualification, selection, evaluation, development, classification).
- Ensures a close cooperation with Internal Customers (requisitioners) to ensure customer care and early involvement.
- Provides supplier information to the project and conducts project-specific supplier evaluations (project evaluations).
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in preferably in Finance, industrial or engineering fields.
- 5-7 years’ experience as a Sr. Procurement in manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in SAP and MS Office.
- Demonstrates strategic procurement skills in the areas of sourcing, advanced negotiation concepts, cost transparency, design-to-cost, cost value engineering, supplier development and supplier relationship management
- Strong written and verbal Communication skills on senior management and executive level - including
- Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and expert knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
- Proofed ability to align with business partners on objectives and priorities as well as collaborates cross-functionally (Engineering, quality, logistics, product management, operations, finance) for implementation
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience in Transformer business or similar industries in energy industry.
- Logistic and Supply chain Management experience.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
o A competitive base salary
o Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
o Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years
Job ID: 195485
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.