Home Based Position (Territory - GTA)
Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
As Area Sales Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the sales strategy for the area.
What will you do?
- Assist in cultivating long-term relationships with the appropriate key account decision makers
- Develop a complete understanding of the organizations structure and key buying influences of assigned account
- Develop and implement plans for strategic accounts that exceed expectations in revenue retention, growth, account profitability, and customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Identify and resolve more complex problems and apply problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations
- Perform client presentations articulating the value proposition of product solution service offerings
- Perform full range of standard work for the professional field
- Provide management with suggestions for improving volume market share and price levels
- Pursue long-term account strategy that maximize profits
- Travel the territory for face to face interaction with customers
What will you need to succeed?
- Ideally 5-8 years of successful sales experience in power distribution market
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate and apply a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments
- Experience with quotation tools for distribution products
- Successfully apply complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
- Demonstrate knowledge of organizations, business practices, and issues
- Project and Process Thinking within clear but substantially diversified procedures and precedents covering many situations and/or access to assistance
- Differing situations requiring search for solutions within area of known things
- Leadership and Customer Relationship Management skills
- Ability to provide general guidance or train support and/or professional staff
- Valid Driver’s License with the ability to travel the territory for face to face interaction with customers via the company fleet program
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job ID: 195490
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.