Large Project Business Development Manager for Siemens Smart Infrastructure Electrical Services (SI ES)
Specific Requirements: The Business Development Manager will establish and lead the marketing and business development to realize booking quota for SI ES in the federal, utility, industrial and commercial vertical markets. This role will strategically drive the business development and the proposal process, will develop a pipeline that will include defined strategies to retain/grow existing, and acquire new accounts to achieve greater market share.
Location: Flexible dependent of experience.
• Collaborate and communicate with Siemens Regional and Product Business Development Managers, Siemens sales channels, and Siemens Government Technologies to open sales channels and increase order intake.
• Develop and execute the strategic plan of operations for federal and large project bookings and present the sales pipeline and forecast to executive management
• Collaborate with the proposal team to schedule and prioritize large and/or complicated proposals.
• Attend industry trade shows and sales meetings; prepare customer and partner presentations to demonstrate our capabilities.
• Develop new federal business opportunities in line with Siemens’ strategic vision.
• Shape customer requirements
• Interface with senior leadership; product/project management; and R&D in growing the federal business.
Qualifications & Expectations:
• A minimum of 10 years business experience with responsibilities for sales in regulated utilities, federal, and industrial/commercial markets.
• Proven track record of account management, including accurate sales forecast, sales process management and successful reach of quota in a complex sales environment across multiple product lines over multiple years within the utility industry.
• Demonstrative experience with diverse sales channels - direct, indirect, and diverse sales processes - product and software solution sales in large matrix organizations.
• Prior Siemens product knowledge and proposal management experience with complex system solutions.
• Demonstrated financial acumen with P&L’s for the operations and project accounting/controlling.
• Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management skills, sense of accountability, and have the ability to work though others required. Possess persuasive presentation and effective communication skills--both verbal and written--across cultures required.
• Willingness and ability to travel 50% of the time, both domestically and internationally required.
• Knowledge or federal marketplace, contracts and different methods of acquisition.
• Understand the federal procurement process, including proposals, pricing and margin
• Understand federal energy goals and their relation to other federal goals (e.g., sustainability)
• Experience pulling teams together to formulate winning bids
• Knowledge of potential partners and federal integrators
• Knowledge of Siemens products and services with a focus on the US federal government market highly desirable
• Understanding of business, competitive landscape, legal/regulatory environment, needs/challenges of customers
• Ability to adapt strategy to meet customer needs
Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or Engineering required; MBA highly preferred.
Command of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, for detailed financial analysis and business evaluation with working knowledge of related office suite products required.
Job ID: 195513
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.