We are currently seeking a Test Engineer to join MI/SPECT System Test Engineering team in Hoffman Estates. Candidate chosen for this role will be involved in all phases of the product development lifecycle and will collaborate with cross-functional teams, with the focus on developing system requirements, acceptance criteria, test strategies, authoring and executing system test procedures. Reports on the quality, maturity, and functionality of the product/documentation content to the System Engineering/Test Lead within the Systems Engineering System Test (SEST) department.
· Functional area ownership. Plan, coordinate, and track activities in that area of technical responsibility.
· Participate in concept definition development and design reviews. Identifies potential technical problems or design flaws.
· Ensure testability of formal system requirements and leveling test specifications. Track updated requirements and modify test specifications accordingly throughout projects.
· Collaborate with engineering, service, and product management stakeholders/users in defining high quality system system test specifications, including test strategies.
· Develop and maintain both manual and automated Verification and Validation tests, ensure accuracy, relevance, and completeness of test specification.
· Execute manual/automated informal and formal Verification and Validation, provide thorough and timely feedback to development team on issues.
· Submit high-quality defects for all direct and incidental findings, support issue elaboration and investigation at Defect Handling Board when needed.
· Report expert assessment of quality within functional area.
· Participate in the evolution/implementation of product development processes and tools.
· Analyze customer feedback and support customer complaint investigations.
· Interact with internal stakeholders such as support representatives, developers, technical writers, product managers, project managers, and quality assurance colleagues.
· Mentor junior-level test engineers.
· Maintain prototypes in the lab in a manner as they would be used in a clinical environment, including troubleshooting issues and providing resolutions.
· Support software installation, configuration, and calibration of systems.
· Perform preventative maintenance and part replacements on SPECT/CT systems.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Experience and Education
· Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
· Ability to multi-task and stay organized in dynamic environment
· Experience with the medical device industry, FDA 21 CFR Design Control and the V-model a plus
· Experience with TFS, Caliber, and HP ALM a plus
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment with minimal supervision
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics or Nuclear Medicine Technology (or equivalent)
Job ID: 195524
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.