Position Summary: Commodity Manager of Modification & Upgrades- Houston, TX
As a Commodity Manager of Modification & Upgrades within our Supply Chain Operations, you will function to be based at our office in Houston for the Aero Derivative Gas Turbine (AGT) Product Line within Siemens Energy.
Your responsibilities include:
- Develop and deliver robust integrated Commodity and Supplier strategies to ensure the long-term cost-efficient supply of materials and services with specific focus on developing Standard Designs, Catalogue Pricing and EPC/partner relationships for our Modification and Upgrade business.
- Lead all sourcing and negotiations for medium / high value critical Purchasing activity to optimise cost opportunities and contract coverage.
- Report on plans, activities and results to Direct and Functional Managers. Coordinate where appropriate with Sourcing colleagues at local and global level to achieve synergies and best-practice.
- Develop and foster mutually beneficial relationships with new suppliers, including risk-sharing partnerships where applicable enabling access to supplier technology and expertise.
- Ensure a close cooperation with Internal Customers to ensure customer care and early involvement
- Foster usage of eProcurement tools with the vision to grow standard catalogue coverage for major equipment.
- Assess Supplier and Commodity risks and align the Strategic objectives to mitigate the business exposure.
- High School Degree
- 8 years of experience with capability in developing complex commodity strategies
- 3 years of demonstrated management experience
- Strong Commercial/Contractual and financial acumen
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to innovate and provide logical approach to problem solving and conflict handling.
- Analysis of supplier proposals/bid packages
- Proven track record in delivering business results in favorable and unfavorable conditions.
- Operate Supplier Relationship Management at executive level.
- CIPS qualified or working towards
- Application utilization of Continuous Improvement methodologies including Lean & 6 Sigma. Green Belt trained desirable.
- SAP experience desirable
- Preferably Degree qualified.
- Gas Turbine & Large fabrication commodity experience desirable
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 195526
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.