The Buyer contributes to the goals of Distribution Systems Business Unit (SI DS) of Siemens Industry, Inc. by procuring material and services for the assigned product lines, taking into account price, quality, delivery and continuity of supply. The Buyer will negotiate midsize value contracts and meet internal client objectives while achieving maximum overall cost effectiveness and on-time delivery of parts for assigned product lines. You will directly interact with your internal stakeholders and with external vendors.
• Participates in semi-complex buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials.
• Delivers on customer needs and understands market trends
• Monitor request for quotations and arrange competitive and timely quotes
• Monitor purchase requisitions and create POs in SAP and expedite as needed.
• Serves as liaison between vendors and Business Units.
• Obtain prior approval for purchases in excess of established limits
• Participates in the negotiation of prices, terms and quality requirements; requests for quotes and assists in the development of new supply sources.
• Monitoring negotiations, supplier changes and design to cost activities against budgeted plan.
• Resolves semi-complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchases and invoices.
• Participate in Strategic Procurement activities as required.
• Concise, regular reporting of activities in our standard formats, as required.
• Solicits cost reduction ideas from suppliers and initiates follow up action to implement these savings for the company.
• Assists as back-up for other Procurement Personnel within team.
• Accomplished in implementing procedures and systems which are moderately complex.
• Proven “take charge” capabilities and successful track record in in a fast paced discrete manufacturing environment.
• Good organizational - ability to prioritize and do problem solving.
• Planning, negotiations and agreements/contract management experience.
• Good technical knowledge of Procurement/sourcing.
• Expertise within SAP across multiple roles e.g., Buying, Supplier Qualification, Sourcing etc.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office required, advanced skills in Excel a plus.
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3-5 years’ experience in area of Procurement responsibilities.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to interact across multiple departments and levels of management.
Job ID: 195535
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.