Risk Manager - Transaction & Portfolio management
Join Siemens Financial Services as a Risk Manager based in Stoke Poges head office, to liaise and assist our Sales teams in the preparation and structuring of typical transaction sizes of greater than £250k; to underwrite new business within delegated authority levels and/or prepare recommendations for consideration by senior underwriting authorities; to prepare ratings on new and existing business customers in line with group policy.
Part of a team of 9, you will report to our Senior Risk Manager. Transactions will originate from External / Internal Sales including Siemens, Industry, Healthcare, Block Discounting and Vendor schemes.
Our financial solutions enable our customers to invest in new technologies, improve cash flow, and realise large projects. We finance cutting edge technology and machinery to drive digital transformation and competitiveness.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture.
What part will you play?
- Performing high quality and timely credit underwriting of new business transactions
- Performing high quality and timely analysis to produce recommendations for submission to Lending Authority holders, particularly the SFS Investment Committee
- Conduct regular reviews of existing Operational guidelines/customers/ groups/ vendors in accordance with company policy
- Provide appropriate advice to sales teams to ensure that commercial opportunities are maximised without compromising effective risk management
- Develop effective, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and engage directly with end-users, introducers and other counterparties as business requirements demand
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance requirements are met
- To attend Lean process improvement training and actively apply the methodology within the day to day responsibilities with a willingness to embrace change, contributing new and better ways of working to support the continual improvement culture.
What do I need to succeed?
- Proven track record in underwriting within asset finance / leasing / banking industry
- Sound knowledge of asset finance products, structures, pricing/time value of money and documentation
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of interpretation of financial statements for different types of legal entity, principles of lending and risk assessment
- Understand the P&L impact of quality underwriting decisions
- Good communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrate analysis skills; planning and organising; able to prioritise workload effectively
- Previous experience and working knowledge of continuous improvement best practise
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, annual bonus, 26 days holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Siemens encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work and we support applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 195603
Organization: Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services Holdings Ltd.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time