We have an exciting opportunity for a Materials manager to work for our Rolling Stock Business at our Northam depot based in Southampton. You will be responsible for equipment, goods, supplies, and continuously reviewing plans and requirements for purchasing materials. A large part of this role is to prepare negotiations of contracts for goods, services, suppliers, equipment related to materials, transportation and storage.
What are my responsibilities?
- Participate in the evaluation of vendor performance. Coordinate and control the materials planning function.
- Ensure that materials of the required standard are available at the production facility to meet the requirements of the maintenance operation.
- Providing materials availability for projects and fleets.
- Provide a proactive procurement support service to the designated fleet for engineered parts, facilities, all goods and services in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure the procurement activity is in cohesion with strategic procurement planning, including the support and development of strategic business objectives.
- Ensure materials of the required standards are available at the production facility to meet the requirement of the maintenance operation.
- Responsible for liaising with the Materials Control Manager in relation to warranty failed product for the designated fleet and to take the lead role in negotiating claim settlements for products covered by contractual warranty in cohesion with counterparts on other contracts.
- Effective proactive liaison with depot management, SAG warranty representative, to satisfy the timely conclusion of warranty claims.
- Work with the designated Fleet Engineering / Technical representatives to assist in coordination with investigative efforts; root cause and corrective action on RR/Rolling Stock/MAT/006/June 2018/ Issue 1 all repairable product, in particular warranty-failed products.
- Take a proactive role in addressing quality concerns and repair work with the suppliers (Supply chain) to ensure that preventive measures are pursued.
- Engage with the suppliers and liaison with systems experts to agree product reliability improvement and obsolescence solutions.
What do I need to qualify?
- Experience in a stores or engineering position
- Detailed knowledge of materials and stores management procedures and warranty process
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software
- People Management
- CIPS Professional diploma in Procurement and Supply
- Experience in stores or procurement in the rail industry
Closing Date for applications: 29/01/2020
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 195609
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time