Siemens is looking for a dynamic individual with proven experience to join our team in La Mirada, our main storage location for 5,000+ SKU’s coming from our own factories in the US, Mexico, overseas and from third parties. We work in a collaborative environment where our goal is to exceed our customers’ expectations. If you are motivated and experienced in supervising/managing a shift of an outbound operation, we want to talk to you!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The La Mirada facility is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Reporting to the Facility Manager, the Operations Manager is responsible for management of the Outbound/Inbound departments of the La Mirada Logistics Center in La Mirada, CA. This position supervises 20-25 hourly non-exempt employees across a two shift operation. In addition 2 salary non exempt employees, Supervisors. The Operations Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage the assigned area efficiently and effectively to yield daily output targets with all safety and quality performance standards met. In addition, this role is the first line of engagement for ER concerns from the operational team and is responsible for overseeing the development of personnel entrusted to their leadership.
· Evaluate bottlenecks that exist in the operation daily and determine the labor needs to sustain positive performance across assigned shift.
· Ensure all Time and Attendance records are maintained daily/weekly (including weekly attendance summaries for all personnel).
· Provide weekly/daily/monthly feedback to all employees regarding Production and Quality progression
· Completion of Leader Standard Work Checklist.
· Enforce all Job rules regarding code of conduct and the general guidelines of the facility (including progressive discipline).
· Create a positive working environment that will allow employees to be motivated and productive in the facility.
· Provide Pre-Shift and End of Shift numbers regarding shift performance vs the daily plan.
· Collaborate with team members to standardize all operational processes across each shift in order to enforce process discipline (participation in 5S Audits and providing feedback regarding audit scores).
· Ensure 75% of time is spent on the floor providing support to all personnel and managing process flow within department (utilizing daily status reports to determine performance gaps).
· Provide formal handoff to oncoming shift including notes regarding WIP, 5S housekeeping, and Inventory reconciliation issues.
· Collaborate with team to improve operational processes through Continuous improvement activities
· Work to mitigate all conflict within the team prior to exploring Chain of Command. Involve department manager after conflict has been resolved.
· Enforce all work rules in the facility timely and fairly as infractions occur.
· Provide documented feedback to personnel bi-annually.
· Drives ownership culture among workforce and fosters a positive, energetic, and collaborative environment in which teamwork and diverse backgrounds are respected and valued.
Enforces health, environmental and safety standards, work practices, and housekeeping.
· Manage other duties as assigned by management.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Minimum 3-5 years of successful experience in a large distribution facility in a Supervisor or management role; leading teams of 20 people or greater.
3. Extensive knowledge of SAP
4. Proven strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex technology concepts.
5. Experience collaborating and teaming across different organizations and teams.
6. Excellent project management skills.
7. Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
8. Proficient with Microsoft office products.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business or similar related field, Supply Chain Management or Logistics Management
2. Lean certification, specifically Kaizen or 5S certifications.
3. Experience working in a fast paced warehouse environment.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.