At Siemens Mobility, we are changing the way people travel, from smart road systems to digital railways. But it’s the people that make our company. Not the other way around!
Join us as a Fault Desk Operator, handling all traffic signals faults in line with our customer’s contract requirements within a prestigious, exciting availability-based maintenance contract. You will be expected to develop an expert understanding of our customer’s requirements and support our London based operations team and contributing towards the long term development of the Contact Centre as well as helping to establish our department within the company and with both internal and external customers.
What will you be doing
- Managing attendance feedback from our Field Services Engineers and ensuring this is recorded accurately in line with contract processes
- Optimising contract performance by liaising with 3rd party suppliers to ensure faults are appropriately handled
- Working with our Senior Fault Desk Operator to mobilise appropriate responses to high priority, high profile incidents and emergency responses
- Ensuring that all faults are reported and dispatched appropriately to support high levels of operational productivity
- Partnership working with our client to deliver their contract requirements
- Developing an acute understanding of our customer’s requirement in order to work in a fast paced, challenging environment
- Raising risks to contract performance to the duty Senior Fault Desk Operator
- Call and email handling
What will you need to qualify for this role?
- Experience of working in a team environment within an administrative role
- Good attention to detail along with the ability to remain composed when working under pressure
- PC skills are essential and ideally experience of using Outlook, Word and Excel is critical for this role
- Customer facing experience or experience of working within a call centre environment dealing with customers every day is highly advantageous
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks and incidents until completion
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues and customers
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organisational & problem solving skills
- A self motivator who can demonstrate good initiative
Important to note:
- This role will entail covering shifts which involve early mornings and late evenings and includes weekends and some lone working. A shift allowance is included in the remuneration package.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK and Ireland, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Make the future with us
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here, and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
Great minds think differently
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 195656
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time