Siemens Industry is looking for a Systems/Manufacturing Engineer for our Grand Prairie, TX factory located in the heart of the DFW Metroplex. Our growing facility has over 650 employees that produce high-quality, engineered and make-to-order circuit breakers. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for manufacturing capability, continuity and continuous improvement. This includes documentation and performance measurement of manufacturing processes, new product introduction, improvements to production lines, capital expenditures, cost savings measures, CAD, additive manufacturing, and fixture design. The Manufacturing Engineer also participates in the resolution of issues and improvements to IT infrastructure and production systems. Projects owned by this position will be key components in the realization of the factory vision.
Seeking a talented Systems engineer with hands on manufacturing experience. This position will place emphasis on computer-based systems that support and enhance plant capabilities in a light manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will be a self-starting individual with a strong Mechatronics (electrical/mechanical systems) background with programming experience. Candidate will be a jack-of-all-trades rather than a specialist. The types of projects that will need to be executed are varied and will require an adaptable skill set. The success of a manufacturing plant depends on how well its systems work together and how well data can be acquired. Candidate must be able to understand existing data structures, systems and interfaces and be able to craft methods to connect systems
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
- Maintenance & development of ASP pages (Classic and dot Net) for custom internal manufacturing systems
- Maintenance of SAP-Product DB connection software (implemented in Perl)
- Maintenance of various existing software and hardware (implemented in LabVIEW, C Sharp and VB)
- Maintenance and creation of SQL and VBA applications
- PLC programming utilizing Siemens internal standards (STEP7, TIA portal, WinCC)
- Manufacturing Execution Systems integration into plant systems & hardware
- Technical document review
- Computer networking and server support (Windows server and IIS administration)
- Design, troubleshoot, repair, and install manufacturing related equipment on the factory floor
- Contribute to plant success through continuous improvement projects
- Lead or Support Manufacturing and Product Engineering on key development projects
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education:
1. Bachelor’s degree is required. Preference in Electrical Engineering, Controls & Automation, or related discipline
2. Operations Support in light manufacturing environment
3. Networking, Site Support, Outage Recovery, and Root Cause analysis
4. Generating of Training Documentation
5. Interacting in a global engineering and manufacturing environment
6. Business Continuity Planning and Enforcement of Information Security Policy
7. Developing and Implementing Key Process Metrics
8. Project Management / Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing
9. Aptitude with hand tools, electromechanical, and mechatronic systems
10. MICROSOFT Office, SQ DB in addition to some coding skills; C#, C, PLC, JAVA
11. Experience running systems through PLC programming, coding, etc...
Not required but would be a plus:
1. Enterprise Systems Relevant Experience (SAP)
2. Lab view development/programming
3. PLC Programming preferable -Siemens S7
4. HMI Project Development preferable Win CC
5. Physical computing & IoT
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Job ID: 195685
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.