Blade Design Project Manager
Offshore wind power plays a critical role in securing a renewable energy future. You can be a part of a rapidly growing industry with forecasted 25x increase in offshore wind energy capacity by 2050. Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) is the world leader in offshore wind power with a growing backlog and strong investments in Offshore R&D.
The SGRE Blade Design department in Boulder, Colorado, helps drive the growth of the offshore wind industry by designing the longest composite structures in the world. Our blades lower the cost of energy through technology innovation. The department is composed of international multi-disciplinary experts in aerodynamics, acoustics, structures, loads, and controls working concurrently in an enriching open-office concept. Our world-class center offers an open, inspiring, and diverse working environment located in downtown Boulder, Colorado - an amazing place to work and live with the Rocky Mountains at your doorstep and 300 days of sunshine.
As a Blade Design Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to be part of a world-class global engineering team working on cutting edge product designs and technologies.
Come join us and contribute to the worldwide expansion of offshore wind energy. Make real what matters, clean energy for generations to come.
- Plan and execute wind turbine blade design projects as part of a global design team
- Facilitate project meetings and resource planning
- Prepare presentations to effectively communicate deliverables and decision basis to the global project team and management
- Work closely with both the local and global R&D engineering teams to ensure smooth project execution
- Understand and follow SGRE’s product development process
- Provide project updates to various stakeholders about risks, strategy and progress
- Compile lessons learned from each project and make improvement plans
- Provide feedback to the line organization on project performance
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace, Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- 5 years of professional project management or product development experience
- Proven record of completing projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Proven record of excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivation and high sense of urgency to drive and inspire others
- Structured, open for change, flexible and solution oriented
- Motivated by working with a diverse and international team
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Familiarity with project management methodologies and best practices
- Cross-functional and interdisciplinary working experience
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a global team
Job ID: 195692
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.