This is a legal counsel position within the Siemens Gamesa Legal Department. The position provides support to wind power projects in the Americas. The Attorney will work closely with the contract management attorneys, as well as other lawyers in the Legal Department. The Attorney should have proven ability to draft and negotiate contracts and settlement agreements with customers, suppliers and vendors, and be able to draft sophisticated legal advocacy position papers, claims, and legal memoranda.
The main areas of focus include:
- Claims management and litigation support.
- Coordination of legal advice with legal colleagues around the world.
- Ability to work closely with management and contribute to the success of the business by providing practical legal and business advice.
- Strong legal writing skills required.
manage and resolve diverse matters with commercial customers, vendors and
Investigate, manage and resolve project and contract conflicts.
- Conduct legal research and writing; and provide ongoing legal support within the Americas.
- Review and provide legal advice relating to high profile contracts, subcontracts, bids, equipment agreements, sales transactions, project implementation issues, and general corporate matters.
- Provide pre-claim strategies to protect projects and investigate, manage, and prepare contract claims.
risk mitigation and settlement strategies and negotiate and finalize settlement
agreements where necessary.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- JD required; must be admitted to the Florida Bar or licensed to practice law in one or more states and eligible to qualify as Florida authorized house counsel.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a construction, contracts, or commercial legal transactions in a law firm or corporate in-house position required.
- Proven track record in commercial transactions and claims management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Negotiation abilities a must.
- Proficient technical skills in MS Office Suite.
- Team player who can multi-task, work independently and thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (approximately 20%).
- Experience with wind power projects preferred.
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills.
Job ID: 195721
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.