The HR Operations Lead will be responsible for leading a team of HR Advisors and Labor Law and Industrial Relations professionals. This person will partner with HR Business Partners and HR Expert Teams (Talent Acquisition, Compensation, People and Leadership, FSS) to support our Divisions and Functions with specialized HR services.
This leader will be responsible for ensuring the team of HR Advisors play a key role in advising and coaching managers/employees on complex HR services, programs and policies while supporting all data management and documentation requirements. The HR Advisors will be comprised of two teams which include Employee Relations (Performance Improvement Plans, Disciplinary Policy, Investigations, etc.) and Workforce Solutions (Reorganizations, Project Implementation in alignment with Expert Teams, Site-specific Policy and Programs).
The HR Operations Lead will also oversee the labor law and industrial labor relations team with topics including but not limited to contract negotiations, grievance resolutions, US HR Policy Administration, governance of HR ‘Tell Us’ investigations and affirmative action plans.
This person will report to the Country HR Head and be a member of the U.S. HR Leadership Team. This individual will be responsible for developing and driving the evolution of the HR Advisor model.
- Lead a team of HR Advisors, Labor Law and Industrial Relations professionals for the US HR organization
- Develop and execute the Labor Relations strategy
- Responsible for oversight of US HR Policy Administration, governance of HR investigations reported via ‘Tell Us’, Affirmative Action plans and OFCCP Compliance Audits
- Successfully manage a team supporting contract negotiations and grievance resolutions, arbitration settlements, NLRB relations
- Provide fundamental human resources services and operational support to the organization like discussing separation packages with manager and employee, explaining options for leave, or explaining guidelines and policies
- Answers questions that require a level of professional judgment beyond the scope of AskHR (call center) e.g. contract questions
- Support employee relations activities by investigating and resolving issues concerning working conditions as well as people related issues such as manager/employee and colleague relationship
- Assisting Line Managers to address specific people topics by advising on options (in context of Siemens policy and local labor law), assessing risk and acting as consultant to help managers decide on best course of action
- Manage data and documentation handling at a local level as required
- Implementation of local HR activities and projects in alignment with HR BP requirements
- Educating managers and employees on best use of on-demand solutions for relevant HR related topics (e.g. AskHR, self-service applications)
- Implementation of HR projects and initiatives
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Organizational Development a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of human resources generalist Leadership experience demonstrating a working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines including employee relations, labor relations, performance management, and management consultation.
- PHR/SPHR certification is preferred.
- Proven ability to develop, motivate, engage and lead a remote team.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects or tasks while effectively prioritizing to meet deadlines in an ever changing fast-paced environment.
- Must possess above average proficiency in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- The proven ability to demonstrate leadership skills, professionalism and team attitude.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Prior experience working in a matrixed environment a plus.
- There will be 25% travel associated with this position.
Job ID: 195755
Organization: Human Resources
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.