Together we make the difference
Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative products and solutions in mail and parcel logistics and automation as well as in airport logistics with baggage and cargo handling. Software solutions and customer services along the complete product life cycle complete the portfolio. The company has an installed base in more than 60 countries worldwide. Major customers include renowned airports as well as postal and parcel service providers around the globe.
Developing, implementing and maintaining a market-leading performance position at competitive costs - for procurement and if applicable logistics - derived from the Siemens Logistics business requirements – in order to generate an optimized contribution to business performance as well as ensuring compliance in procurement.
Be part of our team as Senior PLC Engineer (CHS) in Dubai, UAE
What are my responsibilities ?
- Project Execution - Managing of PLC control software development and deployment within the project requirements.
- Ensuring that the operational aspects of the Cargo Handling Systems are as per the specification and are delivered on time.
- Preparation of necessary documentation required for the project execution describing the system operation from an automation prospective.
- Interaction with the respective design teams on the controls aspects of the system, paying attention to drive selection, fieldbus topology and safety considerations in order to streamline the commissioning process.
- Working with Internal and External Stakeholders to achieve necessary schedule for completion of tests (Commissioning & Integration), along with manpower planning within the available areas for Commissioning. Lead a team of commissioning engineers to ensure controls and drive software is deployed correctly and within project timelines.
- Existing Project Support - Provide onsite support where necessary to existing projects (CHS and/or BHS).
- CoC Future Development - Be a key player in growing the areas of responsibility/scope of supply for the CoC with respect to all controls aspects. Actively participate in training on new products, keeping up to date with the latest developments and provide feedback to Engineering team members and R&D/PLM.
- Tender Phase - Review and provide feedback on low level controls estimates and technical documents. Review customer specifications and ensure systems offered fully meet with the client’s requirements with regards to operational requirements.
- Safety - Will be responsible / accountable to be familiar with and to follow occupational health, safety, security, environment and quality as stipulated in the Project HSSE Plan and Project Quality Plan respectively.
What do I need to qualify for the role ?
- Minimum of 7 years programming with object oriented software.
- Good store of experience in object-orientated-programming and commissioning with SIEMENS S7 (preferred in cargo-handling-systems), with focus on TIA.
- Excellent knowledge of drive systems from a variety of suppliers (i.e. Siemens, SEW, Nord, etc.).
- Experience in SCADA/HMI programming is an advantage, but not essential.
- 4 years’ experience in leading minimum 3 employees, capable to handle the affairs independently along with manpower planning.
- High intellectual grasp to learn the application and commissioning of SL software libraries.
- Excellent collaborative and organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience in a multi-cultural business/financial environment.
www.siemens.com/logistics, if you would like to learn more about Siemens Logistics before submitting your application
Job ID: 195777
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: SD (Middle East) LLC
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time