Together we make the difference
Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative products and solutions in mail and parcel logistics and automation as well as in airport logistics with baggage and cargo handling. Software solutions and customer services along the complete product life cycle complete the portfolio. The company has an installed base in more than 60 countries worldwide. Major customers include renowned airports as well as postal and parcel service providers around the globe.
Developing, implementing and maintaining a market-leading performance position at competitive costs - for procurement and if applicable logistics - derived from the Siemens Logistics business requirements – in order to generate an optimized contribution to business performance as well as ensuring compliance in procurement.
Be part of our team as Systems Architect (CHS) in Dubai, UAE
Your new area of responsibility – challenging and future-oriented
The Proposals Department has a main task to bring new business to the company, the Systems Engineers and Architects support the sales team with the following assistance:
1. System Engineering
· Be able to manipulate Clients drawings and prepare models to use for the basis of our designs.
· Understanding client requirements and developing suitable Concept Designs that are technically feasible.
· Finalize the System Solutions using proven technologies with AutoCAD, utilizing Siemens in house products.
· Proving systems with Flow Analysis & supporting Simulation as required.
· Value Engineering - Develop cost effective System solutions for all Bids & Proposals including selecting OEM system components, input on pricing estimates, manpower plans, scheduling activities.
· Implementation planning to develop Phasing Drawings, to assist in helping fast track schedules.
· Generation of specific Proposal Drawings.
· Explanation of system function and operation.
· Preparation of BOQ’s & BOM’s to support the estimation function.
· Interactive technical discussions with other Industry experts, consultants, clients, and sub- contractors.
· Steelwork overviews, and ability to generate Ingress & Egress Access, for operation and Maintenance Activities.
· Understand Internal and External equipment benefits and limitations as available within the market place to prepare best of breed total system solutions.
· Be or be willing to become a recognized technical expert in this field.
2. Proposal Preparation
· Technical Description and System Layouts of solutions being offered.
3. Client Interaction
· Understand Customer Requirements.
· Represent the company in customer-facing meetings concerning bids & proposals while supporting the sales team.
· Present why our solutions are advantageous.
Your qualifications – profound and adequate
· Exposure to working with Airports Operation teams, Consultants, and International bodies.
· Ability to work to pressing deadlines.
· Engineering based Degree Preferred.
· CAD - AutoCAD 3D, (Knowledge in BIM, REVIT preferable).
· Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
· Project Scheduling
· Good Technical understanding of systems.
· Good written and oral communication skills in English, (German beneficial)
· Commercial Awareness.
· Ability to work within a multidiscipline team, Simulation engineers, Steelwork and on their own momentum.
· 5-10% Travel expected.
· 5 years’ experience within the following roles that may have common transferrable skills: Sales Engineer, Systems Engineer, Project Engineer, Applications Engineer, Project Management, particularly Engineering roles with Cost & Planning exposure.
· Previous experience within the following industries:
o Materials Handling, Conveyor Systems, Logistics Systems.
o Cargo Handling Solutions
§ Knowledge in System design, Concepting, Layouting and typical components for Cargo handling systems.
o Beneficial Knowledge in
§ Baggage Handling Systems
§ Post / Parcel / Logistics
· Training on Siemen’s products and tools will be provided.
How to get in touch with us – simply and directly
https://www.siemens-logistics.com/, if you would like to learn more about Siemens Logistics before submitting your application
Job ID: 195779
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: SD (Middle East) LLC
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time