Siemens Digital Industries Software is looking for a Networks & Systems Engineer located in Genova, to operate within R&D software development infrastructure of data center located in Genova.
Virtualization & Cloud technologies play an important role in our vision of Industry 4.0: they are a relevant component of Siemens Manufacturing Operation Management proposal for the digital factory, based on a product portfolio leveraging continuous innovation.
We will offer a unique operating environment to become an expert on most innovative and trending virtualization & cloud technologies.
What will you do, in short term?
Act as system engineer, within MOM R&D CNI organization, you will:
- Be part of R&D central development infrastructure teams to provide Netwrok Services\Security and Virtualized development environments based on VMware products.
- Operate a complex network infrastructure using enterprise grade systems and software.
- Learn virtualization concepts, participate to new technologies scouting and implementation.
- Be part of a very expert team focusing on networks, security and communication topics within real software production systems
You will be coached to use and master:
- Cisco and Checkpoint products to manage and maintain complex networks.
- VMware enterprise cloud solution (Director, Horizon, NSX)
- Microsoft Developer Network subscription & products.
- Work alongside RD product development teams to deliver fast & optimized infrastructure solutions implementing complex network & cloud configurations, targeting Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD)
In long term?
- Collaborate with your peers as a subject matter expert on complex networks, Datacenter Technologies, Security and Monitoring to provide Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
Who would we like to meet?
A candidate with strong key elements such as:
- 5+ years’ experience as system or network manager of complex networks within industrial organization;
- Proven track of achievements either on network and virtualization projects;
- Operational administrative usage of complex IT infrastructures as system manager;
- Developing advanced scripting for servers, storage and network subsystems;
- True passion towards Virtualization technologies: from cultural to technological elements;
- Usage experience of public cloud providers (like Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure);
- A Degree or master’s degree in software engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or Technical Diploma;
- Fluent in English & Italian
- Availability to travel in Italy and in Europe;
- Strong collaboration & learning attitude, enthusiasm, quality results orientation, decision-making ability, organizational skills
Preferred experience and skills
- You have used Cisco products to operate complex networks.
- You have used CheckPoint products to operate secure networks configurations.
- Expert understanding of IT Security concepts & best practices
- Health Insurance
- Travelling allowance
Job ID: 195844
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software S.R.L.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time