Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years. We provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges, across the key sectors of energy, industry, infrastructure & cities and healthcare. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 12 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
Siemens Mobility Limited are looking for a System Test Engineer to be based at our Ashby De La Zouch site. You will be:
- A proven test engineer helping in delivering quality software.
- Involved into system integration testing activities on a Siemens SCADA system to meet the project targets.
- Working in a medium sized software delivery team which is part of an international project.
- Focused on new ideas to improve the product quality.
You must have:
- Relevant experience as a Software/System Test Engineer within a industry - ideally related to an Engineering domain (or similar).
- Previous experience and understanding of system integration testing for complex systems.
- Understanding and able to perform testing of communication protocols for example SNMP, OPC DA, OPC UA, Back.Net and Modbus (knowing some would be an advantage).
- ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing.
- Work/communicate with the developers to identify the root cause of issues where necessary.
- Communicate test estimates, test progress, test results, test metrics, bug report and other relevant information to the team leader.
- Able to demonstrate a proven understanding and experience of software test methodologies throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Proficient in writing tests cases, test specifications and test scripts.
- Produce test procedures according to the test strategy for system integration testing.
- Practical knowledge of database technologies and hardware components in a system.
- Practical engineering experience in testing a system both functional and non-functional.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Complete fault reports with constructive feedback for developers.
- Ability to prioritise work and finish within given deadlines.
- Awareness of cross-device, compatibility issues and the challenges they pose to quality.
- Review engineering data for completeness and consistency.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Understanding of project milestones and impact of own work on their achievement.
- Proficient handling experience in using ALM tools (Polarion would be advantage).
- Willingness to travel in the UK & overseas if required.
- Strong team player.
- Demonstrate testing skills with experience with Rail systems. Previous working experience in CIS area and RailCom Manager would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of testing real-time systems would be an advantage.
- Worked as part of an Agile software delivery team.
- Rigour in different testing techniques, test design and test strategies.
- Desirable but not essential. Performing system integration testing on interfaces like CCTV Milestone, Clocks, PA ASL, PIDS, Signalling, Radio, ACID, BMS, PABX Unify CTI API and Power SCADA.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 195883
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time