At Siemens Mobility we live and nurture an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. As part of Siemens Mobility, the Rolling Stock Division employs approximately 750-1,200 employees in Sacramento, CA. Our product offerings include light rail vehicles, electric locomotives, diesel-electric locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trains. As a Technical Trainer, you will create and develop training materials for classroom training presentations, instructor guides and reference materials in support of customer classroom training and hands on learning experiences and demonstrations with the rail vehicles at their sites.
· Lead classroom sessions of typically 10-15 students using theory of operation and explaining the function of the vehicle (Locomotive, Coach or Light Rail) individual systems.
· Classroom training is followed by hands on training on the actual vehicles and will require the ability to be on top (Using Safety Harnesses) as well as inside and underneath running equipment.
· Develop and maintain course curriculum including course descriptions, outlines, lesson plans, exams and classroom material such as laptops and diagnostic software.
Required Knowledge/Skills/ Abilities
Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office products including, Word, Power Point and Excel.
Working knowledge of the Adobe suite of programs is desirable, including the ability to edit or adjust pictures using Photoshop or Illustrator
The ability to read and understand electrical, pneumatic or hydraulic schematics. A good command of the English language is a must.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education & Experience
· BS Degree or equivalent work experience in an engineering or technical field.
· 5 years’ experience supporting a technical training program.
· Demonstrates a basic knowledge of professional technical and mechanical principles and skills.
· Effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
.3 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. ·
Must be able and willing to travel approximately 25 weeks a year to customer sites in North America on a per week (5 Days) basis.
· Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.