As a Commercial Legal Counsel, you will primarily support commercial contracts for the provision of new and after-market goods and services and suggest innovative ways to deal with contract requirements, negotiations, obligations, and exposures to business partners. This includes:
- Write, review, analyze, modify and negotiate contractual documents to achieve acceptable risk levels. Support to business sales team in customer setting.
- Write, review, analyze, modify and negotiate settlement agreements, memoranda of understanding, confidentiality agreements, letters of intent, changes to existing agreements for service and equipment, and other contractual terms and conditions.
- Summarize and prepare risk summaries for review and approval by management.
Legal Counsel must also be able to:
- Provide claims handling and litigation support for various matters, including projects in execution.
- Provide support for corporate governance and compliance matters.
- Review and provide legal advice relating to general corporate matters.
- Conduct legal research and provide ongoing legal support within territory.
The position will be based out of Siemens’ offices in Houston, Texas and will primarily support Siemens businesses throughout North America. Support of opportunities in Latin America may also be required. Must be currently admitted and maintain license to practice law in one or more states in the United States.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- 6-10 years of drafting and negotiating contracts in an energy/construction/contracts environment or equivalent litigation of same.
- Strong negotiation skills, detail oriented, able to handle multiple demands at the same time.
- Strong Customer Orientation..
- Team player who can also work independently and thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely with a range of colleagues, business partners and senior executives.
- Excellent communication, writing, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 15% domestically.
- Highly proficient technical skills in MS Office Suite.
- Energy Industry experience
- Spanish language skills, not required but a plus
- Commercial Transaction experience
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 195946
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.